Stations EP

David Bazan, Headphones, and PTL Discussion

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

SkeletonRock

Stations EP

Postby SkeletonRock » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:27 pm

One my ood friends just bought it but I still haven't heard it. He's never heard PEdro before and bought it because I'm always talking about it. I just don't know what he's experiencing. I would have told him to start with control, but he didn't ask.

Mattmon
Site Admin

Postby Mattmon » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:45 am

stations EP isn't anything special but of course i bought it cause im a true ptl fan. I started with winners, I think it is a good place to start because it has some IHTFAF stuff and Control type stuff. Just my opinion.
Reason cannot help you if you don't shut up!

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:46 pm

That's interesting ... I think if I were recommending a 'first-time' Pedro album to someone, I'd probably recommend Control, too. It could very well depend on the person, though. I could see recommending Achilles' Heel to some people I know over Control. This is somewhat off-topic, but if I were recommending a Death Cab album to someone who had never even heard of them (or heard anything by them) before, I would almost definitely recommend Forbidden Love EP.

azza

Postby azza » Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:48 pm

I think id reccommend Its Hard to Find a Friend. Either that or Control, but Control may be a bit too full on for a first listen.
if it isnt penetration then it isnt worth a kiss

nothinghead10

Postby nothinghead10 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:44 pm

i have been so unsuccessful trying to get people into pedro that i've given up untirely, every time i try they say the music is too dark. i really love when people completely dismiss something on first listen.
If you can?t say something nice, say something surrealistic.

zach2000

Postby zach2000 » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:48 pm

my friends dig it - the ones i've shown that is, which is all of them.

FatalWound

Postby FatalWound » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:07 pm

people love it or don't like it much at all. two of my best friends in the world love it, my ex loved it, a lot of my friends can't stand it.

also, my first album was control, it's not a bad intro.
I'm just one too many mornings and a thousand miles behind.

SkeletonRock

Postby SkeletonRock » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:54 pm

I didn't try to get him to like it because I didn't think he would. I guess I talked about it so much tha he went out and bought some. My first PEdro was The only reason i feel secure

Mike McCusker

Postby Mike McCusker » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:39 am

What is this Stations EP of which you speak?

SkeletonRock

Postby SkeletonRock » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:41 pm

It's got some really good live versions of five Pedro songs and one Randy Newman cover, "Political Science". I've heard bits of it and it sounds great, but not what I would recommend for a Pedro introduction. It is good though. Since you are in the U.K., I know Pdro albums can be hard to get. I know iTunes didn't work when I lived there, but I know there were plans to make it work soon. If you have iTunes in the U.K. you can get the EP for $5.94

Mike McCusker

Postby Mike McCusker » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:55 am

Ah, yes. Fecking iTunes.

There is not much UK or American indie available in the UK from iTunes as the Association of Independent Music AIM (the trade body for indies in the UK) is in dispute with them. Even with majors in diferent territories. For example with Plans in the UK I get a bonus iTunes track covering Teenage Fanclub, which I don't think you can get and there are extras you can get I can't.

letseatpaste

Postby letseatpaste » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:04 am

SkeletonRock wrote:It's got some really good live versions of five Pedro songs and one Randy Newman cover, "Political Science". I've heard bits of it and it sounds great, but not what I would recommend for a Pedro introduction. It is good though. Since you are in the U.K., I know Pdro albums can be hard to get. I know iTunes didn't work when I lived there, but I know there were plans to make it work soon. If you have iTunes in the U.K. you can get the EP for $5.94

Also, these were all recorded live in studio at radio stations... thus the "Stations" title.
Knowledge is power... for real!

meandthesea

Postby meandthesea » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:44 am

Mike McCusker wrote:Ah, yes. Fecking iTunes.

There is not much UK or American indie available in the UK from iTunes as the Association of Independent Music AIM (the trade body for indies in the UK) is in dispute with them. Even with majors in diferent territories. For example with Plans in the UK I get a bonus iTunes track covering Teenage Fanclub, which I don't think you can get and there are extras you can get I can't.

We can get start again. We dotn get any other bonuses, unless you pre-ordered (which I did) and got the making of the album video (which is great) and Bad Reputation (Freddy J. Cover)
its tiny body is see-through, I caught it swimming inside of you.

Travis

Postby Travis » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:15 am

I only have one friend that likes Pedro. But I don't have any friends who love it like I do. There are others which I have kind of influenced through his lyrics, but not many people I show enjoy the music.

My last girlfriend hated it. She actually hated the entire mix CD I made her, but hated Pedro the most because it's "incredibly depressing". I guess I shouldn't have let her listen to Options. Or all of Control. :?

meandthesea

Postby meandthesea » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:08 am

Your last girlfriend OBVIOUSLY did not love freedom.
its tiny body is see-through, I caught it swimming inside of you.

Return to “David Bazan & PTL”