08.06.18 indianapolis

Tour info, shows and experiences.

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

sean.david.smith

08.06.18 indianapolis

Postby sean.david.smith » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:01 pm

too tired to give a proper set list - but it was a doozy - started out with slow and steady wins the race and ended with big trucks

dave was in great spirits and great form - he looked trim and i think the weed is doing wonders cause he just seemed more comfortable in his own skin - maybe the best show ive ever seen - it was srsly that good - he was jumping around a bit and the guys playing with him were just perfect

he stopped after the first three songs [which seemlessly sequed into each other] to say hello and he quipped that he had been taking the piss at toxic masculinity for twenty yrs and if you thought he was joking then the joke was on you but you didnt have to let it be - then he mentioned that ptl is not about q+a right now - its about rock n roll - and back into the set they went and - damn - it was just so good - the lights were amazing - the set list really had an arc/narrative - it was all in all a damned near transformative show

odds n sods:

-new song quietest friend - first song of the encore - dave said be cool - if you post it to youtube we will ask you to take it down - if you dont take it down we will ask youtube to take down yer channel

the lyrics were really good - musically it seemed sorta in the vein of heavy breath ... there were lines like 'traded in my truth for a jury of my peers / i ignored you for thirty yrs' and 'some things dont last forever / now i know why it had to end / i heard you working / quietest friend' ... or something like that

-during slow and steady wins the race he sang 'i said i dont know / and i ate - so much' and 'ill receive a mansion / right next to my parents'

-during strange negotiations he sang 'except a hundred million other assholes agree' and 'you got the market its own bodyguard /
and all the people are getting hurt / saying hands up dont shoot'

-magazine into second best was epic

i hope everyone reading this gets to see a show on this tour - its really incredible - bazan is in top form

sean.david.smith

Re: 08.06.18 indianapolis

Postby sean.david.smith » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:04 pm

damn - forget to mention that i cried during trouble with boys

he sang:

you are worthy of love
you are worthy of love
you dont hear it enough
but you are worthy of love

[water works]

bazan also encouraged everyone to take care of themselves and that as someone who has trouble getting out of bed sometimes he pleaded with the audience to verbalize any hardships they are having with a trusted friend - it was a really nice moment - made me extra happy i went to the show

such a good dude!

AMEason52

Postby AMEason52 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:48 pm

Yeah, no joke. This was maybe the best I’ve ever seen Bazan on stage. I loved the Curse Your Branches original band and all the house shows, but this was another level. My question of “what’s the difference between Bazan and Pedro the Lion” was answered I think. They sounded absolutely massive.

I took a couple of pics here:
https://instagram.com/p/BmKXkcpghAe/

Mattmon
Site Admin

Postby Mattmon » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:18 pm

Sad I won’t be making it to this tour. My wife’s due date is just too close to the show and it is a hike from where I live.
Reason cannot help you if you don't shut up!

sean.david.smith

Postby sean.david.smith » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:55 am

Mattmon wrote:Sad I won’t be making it to this tour. My wife’s due date is just too close to the show and it is a hike from where I live.

thats a pretty decent reason for missing out though - congratulations!

steelopus

Postby steelopus » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:30 pm

Just a fantastic set tonight in Pittsburgh.

Setlist spoilers here: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pedro-th ... 8896f.html

Y’all are right that he’s at the top of his game right now. I have to imagine the new touring structure, with time off between each leg during which the band and crew can get home to their families, really helps keep morale up as well as keep everyone’s energy up.

It didn’t dawn on me until after the show that it had been 14 years since I’d seen “PTL” play.

Return to “Tour and shows”