Re: Bazan Monthly - Vol. 3 (lyrics)

Postby ansible » Fri May 01, 2015 9:58 am

[reserved]
when I was a boy
everything was right

steelopus

Postby steelopus » Fri May 01, 2015 10:02 am

Wishful thinking. Last I heard, Volume 3 is on indefinite hold, to be replaced instead by a full LP released next February. I think it was in a print interview he linked to last week, but I'm having trouble finding the link.

ansible

Postby ansible » Fri May 01, 2015 10:07 am

D:

Hey what happened to COMMITTED TO 30 SONGS THROUGH 2015

I figured this would/might be the last monthly volume, but I would be sad to see the format go before volume 3.
when I was a boy
everything was right

steelopus

Postby steelopus » Fri May 01, 2015 10:14 am

Here it is: http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/04/27/bazan-monthly-how-david-bazans-distribution-experiment-pulled-him-out-of-a-3-year-dry-spell/

The final release from Volume Two is gonna be the beginning of next month—how long do you take off between new volumes?

This last time in was just one month. Last year, 2014, we did July through November, those five months. And then I took December off and then started up again in January. The plan has been changing periodically, but as it stands now, I have to finish a record by October 1st, basically, because I want to put out a full-length as soon as possible.

So that means basically February, in the first couple of weeks of February, there’s gonna be a new full-length record. So instead of doing Volume Three, I’m just gonna high-tail it and make a full album and then put it out. And that long lead time is down to vinyl. Vinyl lead times have just exploded, in the wake of all this interest in Record Store Day and the market kind of shifting, because there’s just a limited number of vinyl pressing machines, so now vinyl lead times are like four and a half months. Yeah, that’s the plan.

In a sense, I have no downtime. I’m already running late even now, in one sense, in terms of getting stuff done in time. I seem to respond to deadlines pretty positively, so I’m looking forward to that happening again.

ansible

Postby ansible » Fri May 01, 2015 10:16 am

I'm sad now.

I can't decide whether to delete this topic out of despair or to leave it as a monument to my sorrow.
when I was a boy
everything was right

ansible

Postby ansible » Fri May 01, 2015 10:20 am

Of course this is only my own selfish short-sighted disappointment speaking HOW COULD I NOT BE EXCITED AT THE PROMISE OF A NEW LP?!?
when I was a boy
everything was right

Return to “Tablature and Lyrics”