.ORG COMP Design

News, updates and suggestions relating to ptl.org

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

numan_the_son

Postby numan_the_son » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:23 pm

EricBenjaminBach wrote:
Too many details could be tedious. I'm for it, but I don't know if it would be very effective.

I don't mean a full paragraph, but just a recording date, location, the current weather, I don't know.

zaccus

Postby zaccus » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:37 pm

noah wrote:Also, it would be cool to have some more feedback on "a collection of works..." or only "pedorthelino.org" for the cover. Because as right now it's only one for each choice.

The "a collection of works" made it feel a bit too cluttered to me. I don't know what you'd put though. It feels like there should be more than just ptl.org.

i saved latin

Postby i saved latin » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:56 pm

here are my votes...everyone feel free to follow my example:

1) "Collection"- yes

2) Details- no

3) Screen name or real name?- both
"Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. "

-Thomas Jefferson

cek

Postby cek » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:25 pm

both names of the artists should be listed.

i don't like the title, but also have no real suggestion. although something about "support our troops" would be nice. try to work that in somehow.
maybe "pedrothelion.org supports our troops in song".
or "pedrothelion.org covers itself". "the best of: pedrothelion.org".

everyone should get to have a paragraph to thank those that they would like to thank. (this is probably the most important detail.)

also, i would like to write/record/& submit song, and have it be featured first, and then once again last on the record.
song currently in my head: "Stars" Hum

i saved latin

Postby i saved latin » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:33 pm

cek wrote:1) both names of the artists should be listed.

2) i don't like the title, but also have no real suggestion. although something about "support our troops" would be nice. try to work that in somehow.

3) everyone should get to have a paragraph to thank those that they would like to thank. (this is probably the most important detail.)

4) also, i would like to write/record/& submit song, and have it be featured first, and then once again last on the record.

i took the liberty of putting your post into the correct format so that noah can read it easier...
"Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. "

-Thomas Jefferson

brothermatt

Postby brothermatt » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:45 pm

i saved latin wrote:3) Screen name or real name?- both

this would blow my cover.
-----------------------------------------
my votes:
submitters choose whether to attach real name.

for the front: no text at all. save the text for the back.

no recording notes. or maybe this was a joke--i hope it was a joke.

i saved latin

Postby i saved latin » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:06 pm

brothermatt wrote:

---------------------------------------

ahh...a man of mystery...i tell you what...why don't you just 'pm' me your real identity and then i won't swing the votes toward putting both credits on the cd...everyone wins...

...but seriously...is it that big of a deal if people know who you are?...if secrecy is just a personal preference...i'm cool with that...i suppose we could just leave it up to the song author......if i had to choose between using one or the other i would say we should just use our screenames...and leave out the real identities...

-Thomas Jefferson

CuriousOrgans

Postby CuriousOrgans » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:11 pm

i saved latin wrote:
brothermatt wrote:

ahh...a man of mystery...i tell you what...why don't you just 'pm' me your real identity and then i won't swing the votes toward putting both credits on the cd...everyone wins...

...but seriously...is it that big of a deal if people know who you are?...if secrecy is just a personal preference...i'm cool with that...i suppose we could just leave it up to the song author......if i had to choose between using one or the other i would say we should just use our screenames...and leave out the real identities...

Bryce Alfonso

you heard me. i said it.
"I guess you tripped and fell. Then he tripped and fell on to you. Is that what you meant when you said you didn't mean to?"

i saved latin

Postby i saved latin » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:19 pm

CuriousOrgans wrote:
i saved latin wrote:
brothermatt wrote:

Bryce Alfonso

you heard me. i said it.

oh you son of a bitch....actually...for a guy like me that's free publicity...

...but you did spell my name wrong...i don't know if you know that or not...

-Thomas Jefferson

TheMaskedCorndog

Postby TheMaskedCorndog » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:42 pm

Bromatt is totally some badass musician. Didn't you guys hear his cover of Diamond Ring last time?

cek

Postby cek » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:59 pm

brothermatt wrote:

just give an alias, fatso.

cek

Postby cek » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:00 pm

i saved latin wrote:

2) i don't like the title, but also have no real suggestion. although something about "support our troops" would be nice. try to work that in somehow.

3) everyone should get to have a paragraph to thank those that they would like to thank. (this is probably the most important detail.)

4) also, i would like to write/record/& submit song, and have it be featured first, and then once again last on the record.

i took the liberty of putting your post into the correct format so that noah can read it easier...

fucking bastard.

i saved latin

Postby i saved latin » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:33 pm

cek wrote:
i saved latin wrote:

fucking bastard.

:lol:

-Thomas Jefferson

mprovojr

Postby mprovojr » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:34 am

TheMaskedCorndog wrote:Bromatt is totally some badass musician. Didn't you guys hear his cover of Diamond Ring last time?

i just found that track again and i've been listening to it! it kicks ass.
I'm surprised this place still exists.

brothermatt

Postby brothermatt » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:09 am

um, i didn't record a version of diamond ring.

and i think it's a good idea to leave it up to the person submitting. in fact, that's such a good idea that i put it in my previous post :D.

Return to “pedrothelion.org”