User name change..

News, updates and suggestions relating to ptl.org

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

Travis

User name change..

Postby Travis » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:17 am

I was wondering if it would be possible to change my username. When I created this account I thought "numinous" was an awesome word. It still is an interesting word, but it obviously doesn't apply to myself.

So yeah, I'm wondering if an admin would like to do this for me. I understand entirely if it's not cool though. I'd like it to be changed to "Travis" and I'd have a "formerly The Numinous" signature for about a month.

FatalWound

Postby FatalWound » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:30 pm

Yeah I'm with you on this one, actually. It's such a great Uncle Tupelo song that I forgot how terrible of a username it is. Let me know what you find out.
I'm just one too many mornings and a thousand miles behind.

tyrone

Postby tyrone » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:44 pm

haha you guys are nerds. just sign your name at the end of posts like dave.

Travis

Postby Travis » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:14 pm

tyrone wrote:haha you guys are nerds. just sign your name at the end of posts like dave.

Yeah, but dave is using another person's account. Soon people will think that I'm two different people. When I don't sign my name, it'll be my feminine side posting, and when I do, it'll be my controversial-musician-man side posting. That's too much to think about.

Plus: Everyone calls Numan "Numi" and it's driving me insane.

timothy

Postby timothy » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:44 pm

Not everyone can have their real name as their username Numinous.

Travis

Postby Travis » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:49 pm

It makes the forum a little more intimate when they do, though. Admit it.

brothermatt

Postby brothermatt » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:20 pm

my name actually is matt. lots of people in college called me "brother matt," which kind of stuck, so i use it sometimes. (sidenote: it's a scary thing to google "brother matt" -- none of those that i've found are actually me, and most of them are pretty weird).

so using my real name would make me just one of about 5 active matts on this board.

not to hijack a thread, but how did other people choose their pseudonyms? i used to be "Jack the Bear" on another board. I took it from a Ralph Ellison line in Invisible Man when he says "Call me Jack the Bear, for I am in a state of hibernation. . . a covert action for a more overt action."

azza

Postby azza » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:40 pm

brothermatt wrote:not to hijack a thread, but how did other people choose their pseudonyms?

i chose azza, because my name is Aaron, and thats my nickname in real life.
if it isnt penetration then it isnt worth a kiss

Travis

Postby Travis » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:45 pm

I've been "Fan Man" on other boards in the past. Started when I needed to come up with a name for POD's messageboards in 98, and I considered myself a fan and I was/am male, and so fan man was the logical choice for a name.

Then I was El Mariachi(after the film) on the Mars Volta boards until I changed it to Travis. Actually, the majority of members decided on changing their names to their real ones over there. Right now, those boards are dead. Which is why my avatar is dead. :(

I'm Numinous here because at the time I signed up I had just finished Problem of Pain by CS Lewis, and had really enjoyed his description of 'the numinous'. Kind of as advertising for the really freakin' cool word. I hate it now though.

I just want to be Travis. I'll be more responsible in the forum if I am called by my own name. It makes the boards less alienating. It makes sense, I swear. :)

SkeletonRock

Postby SkeletonRock » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:27 pm

I chose "skeleton rock" because I made a series of comp CD's and made a little lable for it, called Skelton Rock, as if to describe what kind of "rock music" it was. I liked the name, so I chose it here.

Jai Massee

Postby Jai Massee » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:13 am

Jai Massee is a greeting in Nepal. I lived there for a long time.

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:57 am

I wrote this paper on climbing culture and the Sherpa people of Nepal for a Geography of Asia class as an undergrad in 2001. I lived at 141-B Windy Drive. I created an AIM to talk free of expense to my new girlfriend at the time (who went to UNC-CH and had to write a paper on Invisible Man, btw broMatt), so I chose Sherpa141.
Something lame like that, anyway.

RoyGBiv

Postby RoyGBiv » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:16 pm

Mine is my real name.

TheMaskedCorndog

Postby TheMaskedCorndog » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:52 pm

go home, roy

TheMaskedCorndog

Postby TheMaskedCorndog » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:53 pm

The Numinous wrote:
tyrone wrote:haha you guys are nerds. just sign your name at the end of posts like dave.

Yeah, but dave is using another person's account. Soon people will think that I'm two different people. When I don't sign my name, it'll be my feminine side posting, and when I do, it'll be my controversial-musician-man side posting. That's too much to think about.

Plus: Everyone calls Numan "Numi" and it's driving me insane.

I did it first! I did it first!

Return to “pedrothelion.org”