Headphones SXSW

Tour info, shows and experiences.

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

SkeletonRock

Headphones SXSW

Postby SkeletonRock » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:45 pm

I couldn't go because I was in England, but my wife went and watched the Headphones at SXSW. She got to talk to Dave a little. She said that they only played four songs and kept having techinical problems and that it seem like Dave was getting really annoyed. She also said that the Headphones drummer had a wig and sunglasses on and she didn't know who it was. She said that Dave also talked about the privatization of Rome's army and that it caused the fall of the Roman empire and that he believed that U.S. would probably do the same and then fall and that he prayed that it would. Then a few people laughed uncomfortably and then it was just quiet.

timothy

Postby timothy » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:49 pm

Oh Dave, People'd rather hear your music.

milk

Postby milk » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:06 pm

I tried to get into this but I couldn't...

Mattmon
Site Admin

Postby Mattmon » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:17 pm

my wife was there two and she told me the opposite
Reason cannot help you if you don't shut up!

SkeletonRock

Postby SkeletonRock » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:34 pm

Here's a poster my wife snagged.

Mattmon
Site Admin

Postby Mattmon » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:52 pm

I like maritime

azza

Postby azza » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:32 pm

Mattmon wrote:I like maritime

I do too.
if it isnt penetration then it isnt worth a kiss

bluelight

Re: Headphones SXSW

Postby bluelight » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:25 pm

SkeletonRock wrote:She said that Dave also talked about the privatization of Rome's army and that it caused the fall of the Roman empire and that he believed that U.S. would probably do the same and then fall and that he prayed that it would. Then a few people laughed uncomfortably and then it was just quiet.

The privatization of the Roman army? What the fuck? Believe me, I respect Dave's opinions, but I just feel that when he says stuff like this at a show that he comes off just as preachy as the people from whom he strives to distance himself.

With that said, I wasn't there and I don't know the context in which it was spoken and I could be completely wrong. If so, I apologize. I don't want to be an asshole, I don't want to start a fight, and I'm really not seeking a response from Dave or anybody else. I'm pretty sure that I should just keep this to myself, but my bleary, Nyquil-addled mind is saying fuck internalization.

RoyGBiv

Postby RoyGBiv » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:04 am

Sometimes Dave says stuff from the stage that it feels like he's just saying to shake up people's thinking - not that he necessarily means stuff like he prays the U.S. would fall (because we know he's much smarter than that and cares about the well-being of his family). But that's JMHO... :arrow:

numan_the_son

Postby numan_the_son » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:09 am

Mattmon wrote:I like maritime

Yes yes yes.

Jai Massee

Postby Jai Massee » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:38 am

whoops
Last edited by Jai Massee on Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jai Massee

Postby Jai Massee » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:39 am

[/quote]Believe me, I respect Dave's opinions, but I just feel that when he says stuff like this at a show that he comes off just as preachy as the people from whom he strives to distance himself.[quote]

I've always thought this about him too. He always knocks Christians for having an agenda but when it comes to leftist politics he can spout an agenda all day. It's great he has opinions and is passionate about things but when he starts wearing womens clothing and climbs up watertowers to shoot at all the aliens dressed as people I won't be surprised.

SkeletonRock

Postby SkeletonRock » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:52 am

RoyGBiv wrote:Sometimes Dave says stuff from the stage that it feels like he's just saying to shake up people's thinking - not that he necessarily means stuff like he prays the U.S. would fall (because we know he's much smarter than that and cares about the well-being of his family). But that's JMHO... :arrow:

Actually, it's funny that you say that, Roy. Because according to my wife, Dave actually said that he prayed that America would fall and that it would be bad for his family and our families but that it would be better for everyone else. Again, this is second-hand info, but I'm pretty sure I can trust my wife.

I kind of get where Dave is coming from but I'm not sure I agree with it. It doesn't really offend me though.

Also, I don't know what Dave meant by "fall" but it doesn't have to mean "be destroyed". It could mean any number of things.

Mattmon
Site Admin

Postby Mattmon » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:27 am

Sometimes there is a greater good.

Jai Massee

Postby Jai Massee » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:33 pm

Also, I don't know what Dave meant by "fall" but it doesn't have to mean "be destroyed". It could mean any number of things.

There have been 21 empires in recorded human history and 20 have fallen. I'm pretty sure Dave was talking about the American "empire" losing its' power and influence in the world and this being a good thing.

Return to “Tour and shows”