Headphones - live in Brooklyn (2005)

Tour info, shows and experiences.

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

Parmpin

Headphones - live in Brooklyn (2005)

Postby Parmpin » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:50 pm

Dudes. I started digitizing some of my old camcorder videos. Here's a Headphones show I recorded in '05. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/INfnVR-KP7Q

steelopus

Re: Headphones - live in Brooklyn (2005)

Postby steelopus » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:34 am

itsss not workinnnngggg for meeeee
(THANK YOU though. Can't wait to see this!)

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:52 am

Yeah, I'm really excited to see this. But it's also not working for me. Showing up as "unavailable."
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.
-Adam Phillips

Parmpin

Postby Parmpin » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:19 pm

Got pulled for copyright infringement. I switched the link to "unlisted", so it should (hopefully) work now...

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:58 pm

OH hell yeah
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.

-Adam Phillips

ansible

Postby ansible » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:58 am

Ugh, so good, this is awesome. Thanksssss man.
when I was a boy
everything was right

Parmpin

Postby Parmpin » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:06 am

No problem. Meant to post this 12 years ago, but I'm a little slow...

**also just posted an unbelievably good Roadside Monument show (@ Cornerstone '98), if anyone's interested:
https://youtu.be/uuewRFlLmao

Mattmon
Site Admin

Postby Mattmon » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Thanks for posting this. I saw a lot of Bazan shows during this era and it is a lot of fun to relive them. I saw the Chicago show during this tour and I remember the sleigh Bells on slow car crash and how rad The Five Chord was live. This album really crushed me back in the day. Also, interesting to hear them again pre falsetto/ extended versions. They were much more low key and less rock n roll.

Hope everyone is well.
Reason cannot help you if you don't shut up!

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:08 pm

Great post, MM.

-Adam Phillips

Cassavetes

Postby Cassavetes » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:22 pm

Mattmon wrote:Thanks for posting this. I saw a lot of Bazan shows during this era and it is a lot of fun to relive them. I saw the Chicago show during this tour and I remember the sleigh Bells on slow car crash and how rad The Five Chord was live. This album really crushed me back in the day. Also, interesting to hear them again pre falsetto/ extended versions. They were much more low key and less rock n roll.

Hope everyone is well.

I was at that show too. The other great part of that show was Crystal Skulls opening. Wargo had supposedly regrouped the band a year or two ago (with LA dudes this time...sorry Seattle) and said they were finishing up recording and were going to tour but then nothing happened--and this was well before the Fleet Foxes got back to recording. The audio snippets sounded great...
fka fgoya:member since 02 Dec 2002

Mattmon
Site Admin

Postby Mattmon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:55 am

Cassavetes wrote:
Mattmon wrote:Thanks for posting this. I saw a lot of Bazan shows during this era and it is a lot of fun to relive them. I saw the Chicago show during this tour and I remember the sleigh Bells on slow car crash and how rad The Five Chord was live. This album really crushed me back in the day. Also, interesting to hear them again pre falsetto/ extended versions. They were much more low key and less rock n roll.

Hope everyone is well.

I was at that show too. The other great part of that show was Crystal Skulls opening. Wargo had supposedly regrouped the band a year or two ago (with LA dudes this time...sorry Seattle) and said they were finishing up recording and were going to tour but then nothing happened--and this was well before the Fleet Foxes got back to recording. The audio snippets sounded great...

It was a very good show. Much better than the other tour they did featuring Tim something on drums. It was kind of clunky. This was actually the first time I introduced myself to bob, Dave, and TW after the show. Probably quite awkwardly as well. Don't think I'll ever be 100% comfortable in these interactions.

Seldom, scientific, the Crystal skulls... so many fun and now defunct openers.

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:15 am

Do you mean Nick Peterson?

-Adam Phillips

Mattmon
Site Admin

Postby Mattmon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:59 pm

sherpa141 wrote:Do you mean Nick Peterson?

Yes I do. Thanks

Cassavetes

Postby Cassavetes » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:09 pm

Nick Peterson is great.
Does anyone have The Western States album with him and Cameron Elliott? It has all but vanished on the internet, which is hard to do. I lost it when I got a new computer years ago--and then when my car was broken into and a stack of cds were stolen...
For that matter...what is Cameron Elliott up to and can anyway send me all they have of his stuff? I sent him a fb message a year ago or so offering to send him cash for whatever he had but he never checked it.
fka fgoya:member since 02 Dec 2002

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:52 am

I think Nick's drumming on the first Fleet Foxes LP and Sun Giant EP is fantastic and totally serves those songs. I never really dug what he did when playing live on the Headphones stuff, though (which I only experienced in youtube videos, never saw a live performance in person).

-Adam Phillips

Return to “Tour and shows”