Blanco Tour

Tour info, shows and experiences.

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

User avatar
sherpa141
Posts: 4573
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:34 pm
Location: Between Two Rivers
Contact:

Blanco Tour

Postby sherpa141 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:19 pm

I'll be at the show in Denver. I'd love to know beforehand what his setlists are looking like, though. If anyone goes to one of the shows this week, would you mind posting a recap?
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.
-Adam Phillips

User avatar
ansible
Moderator
Posts: 1826
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:10 am

Re: Blanco Tour

Postby ansible » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:21 am

sherpa141 wrote:I'll be at the show in Denver. I'd love to know beforehand what his setlists are looking like, though. If anyone goes to one of the shows this week, would you mind posting a recap?


Dude, I might be at the Denver show. Or the HTX show. Or both. I don't know. What are you doing across the country in Denver?
when I was a boy
everything was right

User avatar
sherpa141
Posts: 4573
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:34 pm
Location: Between Two Rivers
Contact:

Re: Blanco Tour

Postby sherpa141 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:46 am

... livin in CO, bra
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.

-Adam Phillips

User avatar
ansible
Moderator
Posts: 1826
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:10 am

Re: Blanco Tour

Postby ansible » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:06 am

Since when?!
when I was a boy
everything was right

User avatar
sherpa141
Posts: 4573
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:34 pm
Location: Between Two Rivers
Contact:

Re: Blanco Tour

Postby sherpa141 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:01 pm

May 13, 2015
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.

-Adam Phillips

User avatar
ansible
Moderator
Posts: 1826
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:10 am

Re: Blanco Tour

Postby ansible » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:23 pm

WELL THEN.

I guess I'm really good at paying attention.
when I was a boy
everything was right

User avatar
Gipper
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:40 pm
Location: WA

Re: Blanco Tour

Postby Gipper » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:00 pm

Do you really want to know? I went to the Seattle show.

Setlist is:

Blanco 1-5
When They Really...
Slow And Steady
Impermanent Record
Cold Beer And Cigarettes
Bands With Managers
Blanco 6-10
I Never Wanted You
Fewer Broken Pieces

Dave makes it clear if you did not want to hear Blanco - you chose poorly in coming to the show.

Dave mixes switches up playing Blanco on keys and guitar (I preferred the guitar arrangements).

Dave confirmed definitely putting out an album with Jason Martin and Trey Many later in the year. 8 tracks are recorded.

He's going to play Headphones all the way through at one of the Suicide Squeeze Records anniversary shows in Seattle in August (might be worth making a trip to Seattle for you out-of-towners).
* Not a Spambot.

zach2000
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Blanco Tour

Postby zach2000 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:42 pm

wow. headphones all the way through. back in 2010 when he came to a New Orleans house show hosted in my place, i asked him about headphones and he seemed to imply that it was completely dead. i loved headphones. for me, it was indispensable. so i'm happy to hear about this, though i don't believe he's coming anywhere near here on this tour.

PS. any bazan fan who doesn't want to hear Blanco is no fan in my book. it's a record as good if not better than anything he has ever done. (end of fanboy rant)

zach2000
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Blanco Tour

Postby zach2000 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:43 pm

also, i am a huge starflyer fan. i've bought all of jason martin's records. great stuff... i'm very happy that he and bazan are working together. martin is one of the great unsung heroes in music. i can't wait for the new Starflyer.

User avatar
sherpa141
Posts: 4573
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:34 pm
Location: Between Two Rivers
Contact:

Re: Blanco Tour

Postby sherpa141 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:17 am

Z2k - You knew Dave did a Headphones 10 year tour where he played the whole album, right?



zach2000 wrote:wow. headphones all the way through. back in 2010 when he came to a New Orleans house show hosted in my place, i asked him about headphones and he seemed to imply that it was completely dead. i loved headphones. for me, it was indispensable. so i'm happy to hear about this, though i don't believe he's coming anywhere near here on this tour.

PS. any bazan fan who doesn't want to hear Blanco is no fan in my book. it's a record as good if not better than anything he has ever done. (end of fanboy rant)
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.

-Adam Phillips

User avatar
ansible
Moderator
Posts: 1826
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:10 am

Re: Blanco Tour

Postby ansible » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:29 am

sherpa141 wrote:Z2k - You knew Dave did a Headphones 10 year tour where he played the whole album, right?


Yeah this was almost exactly a year ago actually. I have a full recording of the show he played at my house...I just need to upload it. :x

Needless to say, it was fantastic.
when I was a boy
everything was right

zach2000
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Blanco Tour

Postby zach2000 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:41 pm

ansible wrote:
sherpa141 wrote:Z2k - You knew Dave did a Headphones 10 year tour where he played the whole album, right?


Yeah this was almost exactly a year ago actually. I have a full recording of the show he played at my house...I just need to upload it. :x

Needless to say, it was fantastic.


that's awesome. now that you mention it, i did hear about that, but was unable to attend any of those shows. i sort of had a newborn at that time. i wish i could have been there for that. i was 19 when i got headphones lp. it was pretty important to my sophomore year of college.

FatalWound
Posts: 3870
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:02 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Blanco Tour

Postby FatalWound » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:24 am

I'll be at the DC show on 7/9. Might be the last Black Cat show I see before the move to New England in August. Fitting, since I think the PtL/Low tour was one of the first handful of shows I ever saw there back in... early 2005?
I'm just one too many mornings and a thousand miles behind.

FatalWound
Posts: 3870
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:02 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Blanco Tour

Postby FatalWound » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:12 pm

Great show tonight. Somewhat different setlist than what Gipper posted above.

I didn't take notes, but it was, in no particular order: all of Blanco, When They Really Get to Know You They Will Run, Cold Beer and Cigarettes, Bands with Managers, I Never Wanted You, Priests and Paramedics, Options, Big Trucks, Heavy Breath, Hard to Be, Impermanent Record. All guitar, no keys.

A couple tidbits:
Dave didn't say it, but he basically said it in so many words: The New Year finally finished a new record(!), so with that out of the way, work will resume on the new Overseas. He mentioned Lo Tom, but didn't specify much about it other than that it exists and that he's playing bass in it. He said that Bazan Monthly is done for the foreseeable future but that he anticipates doing "Bazan Annual", by which he means releasing a new record every year for hopefully 10 years, in addition to Overseas, Lo Tom, etc.
I'm just one too many mornings and a thousand miles behind.

User avatar
ansible
Moderator
Posts: 1826
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:10 am

Re: Blanco Tour

Postby ansible » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:48 pm

FatalWound wrote:Great show tonight. Somewhat different setlist than what Gipper posted above.

I didn't take notes, but it was, in no particular order: all of Blanco, When They Really Get to Know You They Will Run, Cold Beer and Cigarettes, Bands with Managers, I Never Wanted You, Priests and Paramedics, Options, Big Trucks, Heavy Breath, Hard to Be, Impermanent Record. All guitar, no keys.

A couple tidbits:
Dave didn't say it, but he basically said it in so many words: The New Year finally finished a new record(!), so with that out of the way, work will resume on the new Overseas. He mentioned Lo Tom, but didn't specify much about it other than that it exists and that he's playing bass in it. He said that Bazan Monthly is done for the foreseeable future but that he anticipates doing "Bazan Annual", by which he means releasing a new record every year for hopefully 10 years, in addition to Overseas, Lo Tom, etc.


Awesome. Thanks for the info man. I'm excited to see all the songs played on guitar actually, how very cool.

I hope Dave just starts putting out albums all the time.
when I was a boy
everything was right


Return to “Tour and shows”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron