Audio - Philadelphia, PA 20150619

Tour info, shows and experiences.

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

steelopus

Audio - Philadelphia, PA 20150619

Postby steelopus » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:09 pm

You didn't think I'd let you all down and not get a recording of this tour, did you?
Sorry it took me over a month to finally get it edited and posted.

Go easy on the links; they're hosted on my personal server. Please don't share outside of pedrothelion.org.
Enjoy!

Weird host at this one... I'm not convinced she actually lived there. It was a humid 90º day and there were 50+ people crammed into a tiny room and she didn't know how to work her A/C... and when I very politely asked if I could have a glass of water after the show (my gf was parched after being baked alive for the past 120 minutes)... she looked at me as though I had just asked her to wash my feet for me.

Q&A had the usual suspects including a guy saying "Sorry, I don't mean to make this about me..." and then proceeding to mention his own band/music about 3 times. D&Y spilled the beans about their shameful Ruby Tuesday addiction, and then the room proceeded to make them feel better by admitting that yes, indeed, their salad bar is the real deal.

Another somewhat muddy recording, thanks in large part to the room and the instrumentation. I'm not sure if Dave & Yuuki were intentionally going for this low-midrangey tone from everything, or if that's just simply a result of the amp and the synths, but it certainly made things sound a bit weird in this loft-y apartment. The kick/snare tones were particularly muddy in that room.

Dave broke my heart and skipped "Natural Disaster". I bugged him about it after the show and he said they intentionally haven't (didn't) play it at all on this tour because A) it's somewhat difficult to play and sing and B) he doesn't really like the whole song. He said the intro part is one of his favorite moments on the whole album, but he's never been happy with the rest of it. Shame. It's one of my fav melodies on the whole album.

2015 Headphones Living Room Tour (Dave on vocals/keys/guitar with Yuuki Matthews on keys)
Philadelphia, PA - June 19, 2015
iPhone 5S Voice Memo > Garageband > Mastered w/T-Racks
Sorry I misnamed Oblivion as Obivion in these files. Go ahead and fix that yourselves after downloading.

Setlist:
---Intro
Gas and Matches
Shit Talker
---Q&A #1
Hot Girls
I Never Wanted You
Major Cities
---Q&A #2
Cold Beer and Cigarettes (solo acoustic)
Oblivion (solo acoustic)
The Man In Me (solo acoustic)
---Q&A #3
Bands With Managers (solo acoustic)
Hello Operator
Pink and Brown
Wise Blood
---Q&A #4
Slow Car Crash (solo acoustic)

320kbps MP3s (~175MB zip file): http://steve.FMGreen.net/Bazan/DavidBazan-2015HeadphonesLivingRoomTour-PhiladelphiaPA-20150619-320MP3.zip
Uncompressed AIFFS (~677MB zip file): http://steve.FMGreen.net/Bazan/DavidBazan-2015HeadphonesLivingRoomTour-PhiladelphiaPA-20150619-AIFF.zip
Last edited by steelopus on Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

(this is) john.

Re: Audio - Philadelphia, PA 20150619

Postby (this is) john. » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:20 pm

steelopus wrote:Weird host at this one... I'm not convinced she actually lived there. It was a humid 90º day and there were 50+ people crammed into a tiny room and she didn't know how to work her A/C... and when I very politely asked if I could have a glass of water after the show (my gf was parched after being baked alive for the past 120 minutes)... she looked at me as though I had just asked her to wash my feet for me.
Well, she's certainly no Mary (or Jesus).

Shame about "Natural Disaster."

Thanks!

ansible

Postby ansible » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:02 pm

Thanks for the recording man! Always appreciated.

I recorded the show at my place as well and will be posting it as soon as I can get some time on my hands. He also played the acoustic version of Oblivion, which, in my personal fucking opinion, is a fucking masterpiece. That song, I have decided, is probably my favorite out of all the monthly tracks.

I feel bad cause in the final Q&A I totally was like, "WHERE WAS NATURAL DISASTER DAVE???" and he explained basically the same reasons, it's super hard to play and he doesn't enjoy the bridge melody, etc.

Anyway, this was a great tour, I have waited so long to hear Wise Blood live that if I never hear it played again, it will be enough. Headphones is such an incredible album.
when I was a boy
everything was right

FatalWound

Postby FatalWound » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:10 am

ansible wrote:Anyway, this was a great tour, I have waited so long to hear Wise Blood live that if I never hear it played again, it will be enough. Headphones is such an incredible album.

Wise Blood is absolutely one of Dave's best songs. I really wish this tour had worked out in such a way that I could go to one of the shows.
I'm just one too many mornings and a thousand miles behind.

corey

Postby corey » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:04 pm

ansible wrote:I recorded the show at my place as well and will be posting it as soon as I can get some time on my hands.
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

zach2000

Postby zach2000 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:13 pm

omg, thanks for posting. VERY MUCH. i love it when someone takes the trouble to do this. i never have time to go to shows anymore and Dave hasn't been to the dirty south, i mean Louisiana, in a while as far as I know. and even if he has, i was probably busy being a lame old square dad who doesn't go to shows anymore.

Return to “Tour and shows”