BAZAN + YUUKI play Headphones, 5/15/15, Fort Collins, CO

Tour info, shows and experiences.

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

sherpa141

BAZAN + YUUKI play Headphones, 5/15/15, Fort Collins, CO

Postby sherpa141 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:46 pm

This was one of the first shows on the tour. Dave played drum parts with his left hand on the kezbrd, although Yuuki played high-hat with his kezbrd on "Wise Blood." It was a big room (Everyday Joe's, a non-profit coffee shop run by a church), which swallowed up the one Peavey amp that the dudes were sharing a bit, although of course Dave's voice was indomitable. If pressed I would say the sound was a little thin, but I still dug it. These songs are tough to pull off in this format, but dudes succeeded. Dave had no clue I was going to be there (my girlfriend and I moved to Colorado just a couple days prior for her job in Aspen), but recognized my voice during Q&A and said hello, etc. I feel like a dck because after the show when we were talking to Dave and Yuuki I forgot to tell Yuuki how much I love Romance, his work with Andy Fitts on Andy's record, and his production on the DaveMenarche stuff. Dave and Yuuki talked to us about the Joan of Arc song, "Happy 1984 and 2001 (Shadow Gov't)," which my girlfriend and I had never listened to before but did in the car on the way back to Denver following the show.

Here is set list 4U

DVD BZN + YK play = HDPHNS 10th ANVRSRY TR

SET ONE
Gas and matches
Shit Talker
Q&A - lots of talk about Dave's "uniform"
Hot Girls
Never Wanted You
Major Cities (Yuuki did some real interesting counter-melody stuff here)
Q&A 2

SET TWO (Dave solo acoustic)
Oblivion
Nobody's Perfect (Nobody's Free, duh)
Q&A 3 (someone requests either "I Do" or another song, can't remember what. Dave starts playing "I Do" but stops early on to essentially say he doesn't want to start a precedent and that those of us in the know realize how infrequently he will actually perform a requested song when it is requested; then he starts again and finishes the jam)
I Do

SET SEVEN-LOVE
Hello, Operator?
Q%+&A 4
Pink Bongs
Wise Bags

SET 4 (teh WIN) (Dave solo acoustic)
Slow Car Drive

That's all.
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.
-Adam Phillips

sherpa141

Re: BAZAN + YUUKI play Headphones, 5/15/15, Fort Collins, CO

Postby sherpa141 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:24 am

Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.

-Adam Phillips

Return to “Tour and shows”