Bazan + PSQ - Portland 11/21/14

Tour info, shows and experiences.

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

tommystinks

Bazan + PSQ - Portland 11/21/14

Postby tommystinks » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:20 am

There were a couple Q&A sessions. When asked how he chose which songs to arrange with strings, Bazan said the first step was eliminating the songs he hated, and there were about 50 of them. Asked to name the 3 he hated most, he mention Lullaby and Promise, both of which he wrote when he was 19 and had stopped playing after 2 years. He said they've been working on Volume 2. I was surprised they included a number of the new songs in the set list including With You and Little Landslide. When asked for music recommendations Bazan said great things about Chris Cohen album Overgrown Path, said it's maybe his favorite album from 2012. Somebody asked him about the song I Do which he'd take back, Bazan said he thought the song implied it was the marriage vow. At one point Bazan lamented that record sales have died across the industry and the only way to make a living is through touring and he said that he is a workaholic. they'd designed a set list for 40 days and this was day 43.

ansible

Re: Bazan + PSQ - Portland 11/21/14

Postby ansible » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:40 am

Nice summary, always good to hear more Q&A, thanks.

And whoever asked about "I Do" didn't read the song title very carefully. Or listen to the chorus. Or...yeah. :arrow: :arrow:
when I was a boy
everything was right

bulletproofpunch

Re: Bazan + PSQ - Portland 11/21/14

Postby bulletproofpunch » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:38 pm

I neeeeed to hear With You + PSQ. So bummed I couldn't hit up one of these shows.

Return to “Tour and shows”