Bazan and Strings - Washington DC 10/28/2014

Tour info, shows and experiences.

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

bennyspenny

Bazan and Strings - Washington DC 10/28/2014

Postby bennyspenny » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:43 pm

great show. sixth and i synagogue is a pretty neat venue.

hard to be
how i remember
wolves at the door
***cello has technical difficulties so bazan comes to the front of the stage and plays some tunes house show style***
november monthly side a song (am i asleep? do i like these drugs?)
slow and steady
sparkling water
***end of mini house show***
interlude?
fleecing
bands with managers
when they really get to know you
lost my shape
with you
cold beer
little landslides
shit talker
priests and paramedics
strange negotiations

not a whole lot of q&a. someone asked what sparkling water was about since it's more "lyrically opaque" than his other songs and he said that his new stuff is more personal and he's less inclined to talk about meanings. he was nice about it. the november song he played was very good - much like all the other monthly stuff. he mentioned that side b of the november monthly will be his 100th song. cool stuff.

Hyacinth Thrash

Re: Bazan and Strings - Washington DC 10/28/2014

Postby Hyacinth Thrash » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:42 am

bennyspenny wrote:great show. sixth and i synagogue is a pretty neat venue.
not a whole lot of q&a. someone asked what sparkling water was about since it's more "lyrically opaque" than his other songs and he said that his new stuff is more personal and he's less inclined to talk about meanings. he was nice about it.

That's really interesting because he was really direct with our audience that "Sparkling Water" was written as part of a cross-promotional deal with cool, clean Dasani water, a subsidiary of Coca-Cola, Inc. and wonderful partner to songwriters everywhere with a thirst for truth. Make your own noise in the marketplace with Dasani!
#9 in your program, #1 in your heart.

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:40 pm

As always, enjoying your subtlety.
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.
-Adam Phillips

Hyacinth Thrash

Postby Hyacinth Thrash » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:42 pm

If you enjoy subtlety, you'll totally flip the moment the subtle, refreshing taste of Dasani dances across your parched songwriting lips! From crippling domestic unrest to bug bites on your ankles, the folks at this multinational beverage conglomerate have you covered -- or should I say showered! LOL -- with their family of bottled waters. Whether you want 8 oz or 12 oz or even 16 oz of water, total hydration is the kingdom key we're handing over!
#9 in your program, #1 in your heart.

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:15 pm

A lifetime of free drinks (of Dasani®)!
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.

-Adam Phillips

Return to “Tour and shows”