HOLY SHIT Tom Petty going to tour Wildflowers, deluxe edition

General discussion of non-PTL music and bands.

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

sherpa141

HOLY SHIT Tom Petty going to tour Wildflowers, deluxe edition

Postby sherpa141 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:40 pm

https://www.list.co.uk/article/81494-to ... lowers-lp/

Tom Petty wrote:I want to take the Heartbreakers and whoever else I need to reproduce every sound in a big way. I would like to go out there and perform the entire album as it was originally conceived with all of the songs.

More stuff:

"Tom has been considering releasing a deluxe package to include the missing songs in addition to re-mastered versions of existing tracks, and he admits that there are several songs that no one has ever heard, including one featuring the vocals of Carl Wilson from the Beach Boys.

Talking about the possible release, he told Rolling Stone magazine: "I think I put four of the ['Wildflowers' outtakes] on the 'She's The One' soundtrack just to fill out the album, but they were very hastily mixed. Take 'Climb That Hill.' There's a version of that on 'She's The One', but the 'Wildflowers' one I think is extremely better. I'm gonna put that out.

"'Hung Up And Overdue' is another one we remixed and it turned into an epic. I had Carl Wilson [of the Beach Boys] and [Heartbreakers bassist] Howie Epstein singing quite a bit of harmony that didn't come through on the original. Then again, there's probably six songs that nobody has heard. There's 11 or 12 [new] songs on the album. I think people are going to like it a lot. I like it a lot."
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.
-Adam Phillips

Mattmon
Site Admin

Re: HOLY SHIT Tom Petty going to tour Wildflowers, deluxe edition

Postby Mattmon » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:26 pm

I don't taste it.
Reason cannot help you if you don't shut up!

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:03 pm

Please explain yourself before I go off on you MATS-2006 style.
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.

-Adam Phillips

Mattmon
Site Admin

Postby Mattmon » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:06 pm

Sorry, I'm going to vanish for a few more months
Reason cannot help you if you don't shut up!

Return to “The Music Scene”