Looking for a very specific shirt from the tour for Control

Board for exchanging Pedro items.

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

bestdudever

Looking for a very specific shirt from the tour for Control

Postby bestdudever » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:22 am

Long shot here...

Back in 2003 I was at the First Unitarian Church in Philadelphia for a Pedro The Lion show. The opening band was definitely Stratford 4. It was definitely part of the tour for Control. Since that night, I have regretted not buying a specific shirt from the merch table. I regretted it all the way home, and have never forgotten about it. I was afraid I wouldn't have enough money for gas to get myself home if I bought the shirt. I really don't miss being 19 and broke haha.

So about the shirt. I'm pretty positive it was 'army green' in color. The design had like an AK47 type/lookalike gun on it (or two?) and some ammunition belts with bullets, both "draped" across the chest of the shirt. I could be completely off on the small details.

I even tried shaking those guys down for the shirt on the internet back then, and also again when I saw PTL and John Vanderslice at NorthSix in Brooklyn the next year.

But that's it really. I don't even necessarily need to buy the shirt. At this point I would be happy if I could even just see a picture of the thing again. Thanks for listening!

Paul

lovestartsdeath

Re: Looking for a very specific shirt from the tour for Cont

Postby lovestartsdeath » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:16 am

I know the shirt. I bought it on the tour in 2003. I sold it like two years later because it shrunk and fit funny.

Search eBay for 'pedro the lion shirt' and click save search. Then you'll get an email everyday when new items come up with those words. Don't be too specific because it only matches titles, I believe, not the entire description itself.
"Learn everything, later you will see that nothing is superfluous." - Hugh of Saint-Victor (c.1096–1141)

My Records: http://deadformat.net/tradelist/somethingvinyl

cactusbot

Postby cactusbot » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:54 am

This one?

lovestartsdeath

Postby lovestartsdeath » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Almost sure that's the one he was talking about.

Too bad you sold that when you sold all those shirts many months ago.
"Learn everything, later you will see that nothing is superfluous." - Hugh of Saint-Victor (c.1096–1141)

My Records: http://deadformat.net/tradelist/somethingvinyl

Return to “Buy, sell, and trade.”