"road trip"

Off-topic discussions

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:00 am

All that stuff exists in the Netherlands, too. You just get to skip it because you have an awesome rail system and no one takes 'road trips.'

numan_the_son

Re: "road trip"

Postby numan_the_son » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:36 pm

How was it, FMJ?

Parmpin

Postby Parmpin » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:33 pm

*bump*

Parmpin

Postby Parmpin » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:39 pm

*bump*

Full Metal Jacket

Postby Full Metal Jacket » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:58 pm

WOW... you all just dug up the grave that was me moving out of my parent's house in Arizona, as an angsty teen.... 11, almost 12 years ago! What do I remember from that trip? I flew my best friend out to help me make the drive from Phoenix to Chicago in my old beat up car, we stopped in San Diego, car minorly broke down, got it fixed, drove up to LA, back to Phoenix to grab some shit in my final stop through at my parent's house...then we planned to go to the Grand Canyon on our way out of Arizona through the north....we proceeded to smoke the first joint either of us smoked in 6 months plus, got extremely fucking stoned, missed the turn to the Grand Canyon, ended up in Gallup, New Mexico, too late to turn back...proceeded to drive straight through to Chicago after that, only stopping to pee and refuel.. I pulled my crappy old Toyota into a parking spot as it hit something like 236,000 miles, shut it off, and it never started up again... all in all it was a good trip, over a decade ago.

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Fuckin awesome. I love that you responded to all the bumps.
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.
-Adam Phillips

ansible

Postby ansible » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:24 am

Full Metal Jacket wrote:WOW... you all just dug up the grave that was me moving out of my parent's house in Arizona, as an angsty teen.... 11, almost 12 years ago! What do I remember from that trip? I flew my best friend out to help me make the drive from Phoenix to Chicago in my old beat up car, we stopped in San Diego, car minorly broke down, got it fixed, drove up to LA, back to Phoenix to grab some shit in my final stop through at my parent's house...then we planned to go to the Grand Canyon on our way out of Arizona through the north....we proceeded to smoke the first joint either of us smoked in 6 months plus, got extremely fucking stoned, missed the turn to the Grand Canyon, ended up in Gallup, New Mexico, too late to turn back...proceeded to drive straight through to Chicago after that, only stopping to pee and refuel.. I pulled my crappy old Toyota into a parking spot as it hit something like 236,000 miles, shut it off, and it never started up again... all in all it was a good trip, over a decade ago.

This story is, as sherps said, fuckin awesome. All the best road trips have something in common, and this just reminds me of my own crazy drives across the country, ten years ago...

Good to see you back around, FMJ. :)
when I was a boy
everything was right

numan_the_son

Postby numan_the_son » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:29 am

Totally bumping this thread in 12 years again. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Return to “Craft Beer Talk”