Melania Trump's speech plagiarizes Michelle Obama's

Off-topic discussions

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

corey

Melania Trump's speech plagiarizes Michelle Obama's

Postby corey » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:11 pm

We don't really talk politics on here (probably for a good reason, election 2008 ami right guyz!??!) but this is just great

There's even a rick roll in there

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/19/politics/ ... index.html

soonersrule07

Re: Melania Trump's speech plagiarizes Michelle Obama's

Postby soonersrule07 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:56 am

You seriously can't make this stuff up. Whoever it was that actually plagiarized the speech must be one hell of an idiot. Filling a highly watched speech with plagiarized material is obviously a dumb move whatever the material may be but to plagiarize the sitting first lady's speech that was only 8 years ago is just beyond stupid. But I guess we shouldn't expect anything different, the fact that Donald fucking Trump is the nominee of one of the two major political parties is STILL mind blowing to me.
It's the last Noah's ark, so everything has got to fit.

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:39 am

soonersrule07 wrote:You seriously can't make this stuff up. Whoever it was that actually plagiarized the speech must be one hell of an idiot. Filling a highly watched speech with plagiarized material is obviously a dumb move whatever the material may be but to plagiarize the sitting first lady's speech that was only 8 years ago is just beyond stupid. But I guess we shouldn't expect anything different, the fact that Donald fucking Trump is the nominee of one of the two major political parties is STILL mind blowing to me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

:?
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.
-Adam Phillips

ansible

Postby ansible » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:10 am

What's funny to me is that no one really cares. I mean, in the sense that there will be no consequences - everyone who heard her speech got the intended effect, they didn't know it was plagiarized. People talking about it on the Internet is as far as it will go, and so I wonder what the point even is.

It was probably smart to steal Obama's speech. No one really noticed, those who did can't do anything about it. That sounds like the essence of politics to me.
when I was a boy
everything was right

Return to “Craft Beer Talk”