hey guys

Off-topic discussions

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

brothermatt

hey guys

Postby brothermatt » Thu May 09, 2013 11:24 am

so i read this today at work. and i cried at my desk while pretending to grade a stack of essays.

so that's how i am.

how are things?

Parmpin

Re: hey guys

Postby Parmpin » Thu May 09, 2013 1:36 pm

Thanks for posting. That was nice. I've wrestled with depression for as far back as I can remember, so a lot of that hit home.

Not sure to what degree you can relate, but I hope you're doing alright (despite all your hectic end-of-the-school-year madness).

brothermatt

Postby brothermatt » Sat May 11, 2013 3:40 pm

not a call for help, parmpin. my kids are cool. i love my wife. i have a job i like. i'm in pretty good health. as always, there are things going well right now; there are things going not-well right now. i don't think i've ever suffered from actual depression, though i know a lot of people who have.

that comic just hit me.

i think .org introduced me to hyperbole and a half to begin with. so i thought of this.

cheers.

mprovojr

Postby mprovojr » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:17 pm

Delayed response (haven't been around much, sorry folks...), but my friend sent that to me a few weeks ago too. I don't remember if I'd heard of the blog before, but that post really nailed it. I actually have that blog pinned open in Chrome and just re-read it occasionally because it's like YES! THAT'S WHAT IT FEELS LIKE (or doesn't feel like). It sucks that certain topics are just difficult to bring up (as that link mentioned). Curses on all you happy people with fish that are still alive!

Your Christmas song on the piano is still my favorite to listen to every year, bromatt. FWIW!
I'm surprised this place still exists.

Return to “Craft Beer Talk”