Star Trek

Off-topic discussions

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

Full Metal Jacket

Star Trek

Postby Full Metal Jacket » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:28 am

....for real, I'm a huge Star Trek fan and I'm wondering if I'm truly alone in the world or not. I'm not so much talking the older ones (the Original series) with Spock or James T. Kirk, but The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager...

I believe Gene Roddenberry came up with a pretty beautiful picture of what the world could be someday. Don't hate, if you think, "Ugh Star Trek, how stupid" chances are you've never seen it, so you should probably netflix that shit. Start with the Next Generation, at very least Patrick Stewart will fulfill your man-crush desires, as he is oober-dreamy!

FatalWound

Re: Star Trek

Postby FatalWound » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:41 pm

TNG is the jam, mostly because of Patrick Stewart.
I'm just one too many mornings and a thousand miles behind.

SkeletonRock

Postby SkeletonRock » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:29 pm

I really like TNG. I grew up watching it. The first season is awful, but it got much better.

dogma3sixteen

Postby dogma3sixteen » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:21 am

I was always a big fan of the TNG crew. I tried getting into DS9 and Voyager but couldn't. Something was missing from those shows that made TNG special. I didn't even bother watching Enterprise. Recently we've started watching the original series on Netflix. We even bought the box set with the first six movies. I've been wanting the other box set though with Picard's crew though.

mprovojr

Postby mprovojr » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:18 am

SkeletonRock wrote:I really like TNG. I grew up watching it.

Ditto! Haven't seen it in several years, but could still quote the intro voice-over thing... Space, the final frontier.. theeeese are the voyages of the starship Enterprise..."

Good times.
I'm surprised this place still exists.

Full Metal Jacket

Postby Full Metal Jacket » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:10 am

I'll agree about Voyager, it's the least good out of all three of them..but you've got to give DS9 more of a chance, it's got Worf for god's sake!

numan_the_son

Postby numan_the_son » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:06 pm

Hey FMJ this is not about Star Trek but I dreamed about you the other night. Well not really about you but that Dostoyevsky guy from your avatar but with your voice, although I never heard your voice. But it was you. We were running on a small ridge along the windows of a skyscraper in the middle of the night. You were running in front of me and every time we passed a window I saw my own reflection flash by but with a different face every time. The ridge kept getting smaller, so to keep myself from falling I stopped and when you heard me stop you stopped as well, starting to scream at me. I was scared as shit as you walked towards me and I couldn't move, I was so scared. You came closer and rubbed your beard in my face. You screamed: "This is a child's body, no doubt of that. But I am NOT A CHILD." Your beard exploded into tiny pebbles of all colors of the rainbow, which made me lose my balance and fall of the ridge. As I fell towards the ground, I saw all the windows of the building open, from which massive amounts of blood poured. I fell into the ocean of blood below and drowned. Then my alarm clock woke me up.
Last edited by numan_the_son on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

SkeletonRock

Postby SkeletonRock » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:46 pm

numan_the_son wrote:Hey FMJ this is not about Star Trek but I dreamed about you the other night. Well not really about you but that Dostoyevsky guy from your avatar but with your voice, although I never heard your voice. But it was you. We were running on a small ridge along the windows of a skyscraper in the middle of the night. You were running in front of me and every time we passed a window I saw my own reflection flash by but with a different face every time. The ridge kept getting smaller, so to keep myself from falling I stopped and when you heard me stop you stopped as well, starting to scream at me. I was scared as shit as you walked towards me and I couldn't move, I was so scared. You came closer and rubbed your beard in my face. You screamed: "This is a child's body, no doubt of that. But I am NOT A CHILD." Your beard exploded into tiny pebbles of all colors of the rainbow, which made me lose my balance and fell of the ridge. As I fell towards the ground, I saw all the windows of the building open, from which massive amounts of blood poured. I fell into the ocean of blood below and drowned. Then my alarm clock woke me up.

Wow, smoking weed with you is going to be awesome.

Full Metal Jacket

Postby Full Metal Jacket » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:28 am

Numan.......
You're my hero.

numan_the_son

Postby numan_the_son » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Full Metal Jacket wrote:Numan.......
You're my hero.

Yeah well I'm getting kicked out of my house on the 20th of so if you have a spare room, that would be swell.

Return to “Craft Beer Talk”