So what's new?

Off-topic discussions

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

ansible

Re: So what's new?

Postby ansible » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:18 am

ansible wrote:Also, corey, I miss you dude. You better get your ass up to FC soon so we can hang out. Actually, I can't wait for that. I remember that house show where we met. Feels like a long time ago.

One of the stranger parts of all of this is living somewhere I deliberately chose, on purpose, where I might live for a very long time, and I don't know a single person. Not even one.

At least the public library is really awesome.

Corey finally came to visit and it was a blast.

VW took my TDI so I had to buy a new car. I drive a wagon and I like it.

Full Metal Jacket

Postby Full Metal Jacket » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:52 pm

I’m so happy this page still exists. I was in high school when I first signed up for it. Hellooooo everyone!

Mattmon
Site Admin

Postby Mattmon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:04 am

What are you up to these days FMJ?

I’ve got a 4yr old and a second on the way. I just finished my 11th year teaching. I have a lot less hair and than when I first came here in 02.
Reason cannot help you if you don't shut up!

Full Metal Jacket

Postby Full Metal Jacket » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:21 am

Hey!! I still live and work in Chicago, no kids, but like any true millennial I’ve compensated by getting a cat. Been with my boyfriend 11 years, we have had some amazing ups and downs but ayyy that’s life. I’m the General Manager of a place called Gus’s Fried Chicken in the downtown Chicago location. You might recognize Gus’s, they’re a Memphis household name, there are a lot of them in different parts of the country now. That about sums it up! Things are certainly different from the 16 or 17 year old version of myself that joined half a lifetime ago (literally)!

Any other original .orgers out there?!

FatalWound

Postby FatalWound » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:30 pm

I'm still here. I've been married for a bit over a year now. We have a cat but no kids (yet). We moved to San Diego last summer. It was a good choice.

I too used to have a lot more hair.
I'm just one too many mornings and a thousand miles behind.

Return to “Craft Beer Talk”