Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

SkeletonRock

Re: The NBA lockout is ending.

Postby SkeletonRock » Wed May 16, 2012 5:30 pm

Go Spurs Go!

corey

Postby corey » Wed May 16, 2012 9:06 pm

ragamuffin wrote:Bynum and Gasol should both have 25 points and 20 rebounds every game because OKC has no one to match up with them down low.
I agreed completely with all you said except for this. I can't think of many frontcourt combos in the league I'd rather have going against those two over the shot blocking beast Ibaka and a playoff experienced banger like Perkins.

SkeletonRock

Postby SkeletonRock » Thu May 17, 2012 8:53 am

Does anyone ever get the feeling that Bynum isn't any good? Every time I watch him play, I feel like it's first time. Yeah, sure, he's bigger and stronger than everyone else which does count for alot, but I don't think he's actually good at basketball.

GyGu

Postby GyGu » Thu May 17, 2012 1:28 pm

He is still pretty hard to watch, yes. I don't think he's figured out how to use his size quite yet. He still looks a little incapable of handling his own frame. He has definitely improved this year compared to years past. The numbers are there, but yeah, there's still something about his play that seems pretty off.

Speaking of hard to watch, Spurs. Man, what a boring fucking team! ;)

ragamuffin

Postby ragamuffin » Thu May 17, 2012 5:44 pm

corey wrote:
ragamuffin wrote:Bynum and Gasol should both have 25 points and 20 rebounds every game because OKC has no one to match up with them down low.
I agreed completely with all you said except for this. I can't think of many frontcourt combos in the league I'd rather have going against those two over the shot blocking beast Ibaka and a playoff experienced banger like Perkins.

I don't think so. Ibaka seems to get most of his blocks on guards and forwards coming into the paint. I still say that if Bynum ever gets interested or plays to his potential that he could have his way with OKC. Perkins is overrated. He's a big body but can't do much but try to bully someone around. That thug eastern conference thing shouldn't work in the west. All that said, OKC will win this series and the Lakers will trade Bynum and Gasol for Dwight Howard. It sure looks like the Spurs are going to win their 5th. Maybe Duncan will be the respect he's owed by the media but I doubt it.

Go Pacers!!
"I was born with a preacher's mouth and a rock and roll heart."

GyGu

Postby GyGu » Thu May 17, 2012 7:06 pm

Ibaka had like seven blocks last night, but none of them turned the ball over. Thought that was an interesting stat. Not sure what it means exactly but ultimately it means his blocks were slightly ineffective.

I really doubt they get rid of Bynum. I could see Gasol getting traded this offseason for sure. I do like him, but he seems to disappear mentally from a lot of games. He's definitely loaded with talent, but something seems to be missing mentally.

All said, it appears that Kobe's chances at a sixth title are all but out the window. I thought this year would probably be his last true shot. Even if they got Howard or another big name next year, his shooting percentage will probably stay pretty low for the rest of his career. He's just too beat up.

corey

Postby corey » Sat May 19, 2012 2:15 pm

GyGu wrote:Ibaka had like seven blocks last night, but none of them turned the ball over. Thought that was an interesting stat. Not sure what it means exactly but ultimately it means his blocks were slightly ineffective
The thing about shot blockers though is that even when they aren't getting blocks they effect the game so much because they are making shooters alter their shots in the paint. There's no stat for that.

corey

Postby corey » Sat May 19, 2012 2:16 pm

Double post

SkeletonRock

Postby SkeletonRock » Sat May 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Wow, that was a big comeback for the Spurs today. Looked awesome.

GyGu

Postby GyGu » Sat May 19, 2012 8:37 pm

There area bout 8 minutes left in the game, but the Lakers really look like they could take this series. After game 2 I thought no fucking way. All of the sudden they are slowing the tempo down, playing exceptional defense and making the Thunder look pretty out of sync. Will be really interesting to see them go back to OKC, given that the Lakers really won that game 2, just gave it away in the last minute.

Again, the game's not over, so I reserve the right to edit this post to say something smart about how the Thunder really took the momentum and effectively closed out this series...

GyGu

Postby GyGu » Sat May 19, 2012 9:06 pm

Aaaand the Lakers gave it away again. Durant hit the most tits 3-point shot I've seen in a long while. Wow...

corey

Postby corey » Sun May 20, 2012 11:19 am

SkeletonRock wrote:Wow, that was a big comeback for the Spurs today. Looked awesome.
crazy

SkeletonRock

Postby SkeletonRock » Sun May 20, 2012 9:59 pm

Wow, great job spurs. I think that's 18 games in a row they've won. Tonight was really difficult. Having to play back to back playoff games plus having the clips in desperation mode was alot to overcome. There were several times I thought the clips might win this one and force us to go back to San Antonio and win it. I'm really glad we can go home and have a bit of a rest while OKC and LA continue to battle it out. Hopefully it will be LA can drag this series out a bit longer and give the Spurs more recovery time. I'm not sure who id rather the Spurs face at this point. Both OKC and LA can be incredibly hard teams to beat.

Full Metal Jacket

Postby Full Metal Jacket » Sat May 26, 2012 12:36 am

I'm so depressed. :cry:

SkeletonRock

Postby SkeletonRock » Sat May 26, 2012 12:39 pm

Just be a Spurs fan.

Return to “Craft Beer Talk”