The NBA lockout is ending.

Off-topic discussions

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

SkeletonRock

Postby SkeletonRock » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:43 pm

Went and watched the Spurs/Mavs game last night. Wow, does Odom suck. That guys has fallen completely off. Maybe as the season progresses he can get in shape, but he looked like shit last night.

dogma3sixteen

Postby dogma3sixteen » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:02 am

SkeletonRock wrote:Went and watched the Spurs/Mavs game last night. Wow, does Odom suck. That guys has fallen completely off. Maybe as the season progresses he can get in shape, but he looked like shit last night.

He's still hurt about being traded.

ragamuffin

Postby ragamuffin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:47 am

SkeletonRock wrote:Went and watched the Spurs/Mavs game last night. Wow, does Odom suck. That guys has fallen completely off. Maybe as the season progresses he can get in shape, but he looked like shit last night.

Yeah, as a Mavs fan I don't get it. They keep saying he's just out of shape but I think he's still shocked about being traded, even though he asked for a trade. It's frustrating as hell. But it was cool to see the Mavs with Obama today.
"I was born with a preacher's mouth and a rock and roll heart."

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:11 am

ragamuffin wrote:

Yeah, as a Mavs fan I don't get it. They keep saying he's just out of shape but I think he's still shocked about being traded, even though he asked for a trade. It's frustrating as hell. But it was cool to see the Mavs with Obama today.

Not shocked about being traded ... he chose the destination. He's shocked that he was going to be part of the Chris Paul deal that was undermined by Stern -- he then asked for a trade, and told Lakers brass he would only go the team that absolutely killed the Lakers in last year's playoffs.
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.
-Adam Phillips

Full Metal Jacket

Postby Full Metal Jacket » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:10 pm

COUGH COUGH COUGH AHEM*the bulls have the best record in the NBA*Ahem!

SkeletonRock

Postby SkeletonRock » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Yeah, that doesn't mean too much. The Spurs had the best record last year and lost in the first round of the playoffs.

But, I do think the bulls will do better than that.

Full Metal Jacket

Postby Full Metal Jacket » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Yeah, I mean they are doing pretty damn well.. I just think it's absurd- living in Chicago, watching the nightly news, you'll hear a 15 minute broadcast about a Bears or Cubs trade, and a 10 second blurb about how the Bulls have the best record in the NBA (up by a few games from any other team) and how they can still kill other teams without Derek Rose, Joakim Noah, or Taj Gibson (all benched last game)....Chicago makes me mad..

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:41 am

Full Metal Jacket wrote:Yeah, I mean they are doing pretty damn well.. I just think it's absurd- living in Chicago, watching the nightly news, you'll hear a 15 minute broadcast about a Bears or Cubs trade, and a 10 second blurb about how the Bulls have the best record in the NBA (up by a few games from any other team) and how they can still kill other teams without Derek Rose, Joakim Noah, or Taj Gibson (all benched last game)....Chicago makes me mad..

I think it's the same on all local news broadcasts ... there's typically a dearth of NBA news. Chicago is a super-supportive NBA fan base, though, and led the league in attendance in the first decade of Jordan's absence ('99-00 to '08-09) and in every year since.
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.

-Adam Phillips

ragamuffin

Postby ragamuffin » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:06 am

I understand that frustration too. I live in Dallas and the Cowboys get all the coverage and they've sucked for over 15 years while the Mavericks have won 50 plus games for the last 11 years in a row. Winning the championship did help but once football started up and the Rangers made it back to the World Series, the Mavs coverage dwindled...by the way, that was a hell of a game last night between the Mavs and the Spurs.

SkeletonRock

Postby SkeletonRock » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:04 pm

Yes it was. That was a tough loss.

corey

Postby corey » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:01 pm

JEREMY FUCKING LIN

meandthesea

Postby meandthesea » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:56 pm

yeah how about that asian wonder?

going to see blazers / clippers in portland thursday night.
its tiny body is see-through, I caught it swimming inside of you.

SkeletonRock

Postby SkeletonRock » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:07 am

I've been talking about Lin since I saw him in the summer league a few years ago put a clinic on John Wall. Good for him, though. Asians love basketball. Having one of their own in the league who is doing really well has to be good for business.

ragamuffin

Postby ragamuffin » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:02 am

meandthesea wrote:yeah how about that asian wonder?

I just went to the Mavs / Clippers game the other night. It was a great game. I can't stand Chris Paul so I hope your Blazers destroy them.

And I don't know about Lin. The Mavs play the Knicks this weekend, so I'll get to see him in person.

meandthesea

Postby meandthesea » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:57 am

ragamuffin wrote:
meandthesea wrote:yeah how about that asian wonder?

I just went to the Mavs / Clippers game the other night. It was a great game. I can't stand Chris Paul so I hope your Blazers destroy them.

And I don't know about Lin. The Mavs play the Knicks this weekend, so I'll get to see him in person.

well, lamarcus aldridge, our all-star PF sprained his ankle last night and is out at least a week. Awesome
its tiny body is see-through, I caught it swimming inside of you.

Return to “Craft Beer Talk”