the end of capitalism?

Off-topic discussions

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

SkeletonRock

Re: the end of capitalism?

Postby SkeletonRock » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:24 pm

EDIT: BECAUSE THIS PLACE DOESNT EXIST
Last edited by SkeletonRock on Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ansible

Postby ansible » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:36 pm

I remember specifically not posting on this topic cause I didn't have the will to argue at the time.

If I could go back though, I would probably comment just because.
when I was a boy
everything was right

zach2000

Postby zach2000 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:12 pm

SkeletonRock wrote:I rarely check this board anymore, but every now and then I do. I always find it funny odd to read posts I don't remember making. It's like a time machine of this other self. Very weird.

Same here, SRock. I read old posts and I'm like... what computer simulation version of me was posting that nonsense? Not all of it's nonsense though, and then I pat myself on the back and feel like I was ahead of my years.

This is honestly the only web forum I really ever went to frequently. There was a brief period there when I felt like this community was awesome and thriving - it coincided with the time in my life when I had loads of free time to blow on surfing the internet. I came here originally looking for mp3s for Song A/B... HA!

The long and winding road...

FatalWound

Postby FatalWound » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:49 am

There was a brief period there when I felt like this community was awesome and thriving

It was a great community once. But a lot of the people who were once the most active posters are gone altogether, and even those of us who remain (myself included) rarely post, and even more rarely reply to other people's posts. Sometimes if there aren't any releases due I forget to come here for 1-2 weeks at a time because half the time there aren't any new posts anyway. I don't really think forums are a dead medium. Sad Reminders, the Mark Kozelek forum, is quite active, for example. But you need posters who check in every day, who post interesting new topics and who engage with existing topics. We don't really have that anymore. C'est la vie.
I'm just one too many mornings and a thousand miles behind.

zach2000

Postby zach2000 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:52 pm

FatalWound wrote:
There was a brief period there when I felt like this community was awesome and thriving

It was a great community once. But a lot of the people who were once the most active posters are gone altogether, and even those of us who remain (myself included) rarely post, and even more rarely reply to other people's posts. Sometimes if there aren't any releases due I forget to come here for 1-2 weeks at a time because half the time there aren't any new posts anyway. I don't really think forums are a dead medium. Sad Reminders, the Mark Kozelek forum, is quite active, for example. But you need posters who check in every day, who post interesting new topics and who engage with existing topics. We don't really have that anymore. C'est la vie.

Speaking of Mark Kozelek, I absolutely do not care who he makes fun of or talks shit about onstage. Don't care. That man is an incredible songwriter, and I really can't disagree with him about The War On Drugs, but even if I did, I wouldn't hold it against him. I don't mind if artists do or say ridiculous things. This is how I can still enjoy Kanye West. Their personal lives are mostly irrelevant to me and none of my business unless it enhances their creativity in some way. Good art is all that matters.

End of rant.

brothermatt

Postby brothermatt » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:16 pm

the ackerman argument is simmering in my brain.

i went to the first post to see who started this thread on capitalism in the first place, and who might have thought a gathering of shadows might be best to discuss it.

it was me and i am he that was him who posted it.

not even sure why i'm here today, but it rings memory bells that i like having rung.

Return to “Craft Beer Talk”