So what's new?

Off-topic discussions

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

ansible

Re: So what's new?

Postby ansible » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:18 am

ansible wrote:Also, corey, I miss you dude. You better get your ass up to FC soon so we can hang out. Actually, I can't wait for that. I remember that house show where we met. Feels like a long time ago.

One of the stranger parts of all of this is living somewhere I deliberately chose, on purpose, where I might live for a very long time, and I don't know a single person. Not even one.

At least the public library is really awesome.

Corey finally came to visit and it was a blast.

VW took my TDI so I had to buy a new car. I drive a wagon and I like it.

Full Metal Jacket

Postby Full Metal Jacket » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:52 pm

I’m so happy this page still exists. I was in high school when I first signed up for it. Hellooooo everyone!

Mattmon
Site Admin

Postby Mattmon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:04 am

What are you up to these days FMJ?

I’ve got a 4yr old and a second on the way. I just finished my 11th year teaching. I have a lot less hair and than when I first came here in 02.
Reason cannot help you if you don't shut up!

Full Metal Jacket

Postby Full Metal Jacket » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:21 am

Hey!! I still live and work in Chicago, no kids, but like any true millennial I’ve compensated by getting a cat. Been with my boyfriend 11 years, we have had some amazing ups and downs but ayyy that’s life. I’m the General Manager of a place called Gus’s Fried Chicken in the downtown Chicago location. You might recognize Gus’s, they’re a Memphis household name, there are a lot of them in different parts of the country now. That about sums it up! Things are certainly different from the 16 or 17 year old version of myself that joined half a lifetime ago (literally)!

Any other original .orgers out there?!

FatalWound

Postby FatalWound » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:30 pm

I'm still here. I've been married for a bit over a year now. We have a cat but no kids (yet). We moved to San Diego last summer. It was a good choice.

I too used to have a lot more hair.
I'm just one too many mornings and a thousand miles behind.

Mike McCusker

Postby Mike McCusker » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:23 pm

I got elected as a City Councillor September 2018.

https://sccdemocracy.salford.gov.uk/mgU ... px?UID=305

I can sort out any of your dog shit issues now.

numan_the_son

Postby numan_the_son » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:19 am

Make Salford great again, Mike! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

booze dog

Postby booze dog » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:34 pm

Was never too active on here, but glad I wasn't greeted with a 404...it's the little things in life

soonersrule07

Postby soonersrule07 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:09 pm

yeah every once in a while I go through some old threads and am hit with waves of nostalgia (and disgust at my previous political opinions haha). There were definitely some good discussions on here.
It's the last Noah's ark, so everything has got to fit.

brothermatt

Postby brothermatt » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:23 am

the new record has me feeling nostalgic and willing to throw this out into the void.

i enjoyed reading up on everyone here--even the people i know irl, because these are digest versions of stories we don't take time to ask or tell or know sometimes.

my news isn't great, but it's mine. after almost 5 years post-treatment, my wife's cancer returned and metastasized; non-operable, but hopefully treatable. it has flipped my immediate world upside down and changed the way i think about the future.

my kids are great, but i dread for them what's coming over the next however-many-years we have as a family unit. i lost my dad when i was 33, and it was hard. i can't imagine losing a parent earlier than that.

i'm still teaching, and find a safe place in that. the kids are all right, as they say. i don't find much time to run or play music any more, but those are activities that slip behind more pressing obligations and work to be done. they don't fit in my life as it stands right now.

life's mean and unfair and beautiful and cruel. it's one thing to know that philosophically, but i'm finding it's different to live it. i'm wishing you all peace and health and, barring those, the fortitude to navigate their absence.

Mattmon
Site Admin

Postby Mattmon » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:49 pm

brothermatt wrote:the new record has me feeling nostalgic and willing to throw this out into the void.

i enjoyed reading up on everyone here--even the people i know irl, because these are digest versions of stories we don't take time to ask or tell or know sometimes.

my news isn't great, but it's mine. after almost 5 years post-treatment, my wife's cancer returned and metastasized; non-operable, but hopefully treatable. it has flipped my immediate world upside down and changed the way i think about the future.

my kids are great, but i dread for them what's coming over the next however-many-years we have as a family unit. i lost my dad when i was 33, and it was hard. i can't imagine losing a parent earlier than that.

i'm still teaching, and find a safe place in that. the kids are all right, as they say. i don't find much time to run or play music any more, but those are activities that slip behind more pressing obligations and work to be done. they don't fit in my life as it stands right now.

life's mean and unfair and beautiful and cruel. it's one thing to know that philosophically, but i'm finding it's different to live it. i'm wishing you all peace and health and, barring those, the fortitude to navigate their absence.

Read this yesterday and I can’t stop thinking about it. So sorry to hear you’re family is going through such a gut wrenching experience. As a fellow dad, I just can’t imagine what you’re going through. You will continue to be in my thoughts and I wish you strength to carry on through these hard times. Peace and love.
Reason cannot help you if you don't shut up!

brothermatt

Postby brothermatt » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:27 am

Mattmon wrote: Peace and love.

thanks matt

Return to “Craft Beer Talk”