Sleepover!

Off-topic discussions

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

sherpa141

Sleepover!

Postby sherpa141 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:09 am

I had a dream last night that a bunch of us orgers were hanging out at Dave and fam's house, but it was in Illinois rather than Seattle. (Clearly this was inspired by Bob's epic Undertow cookouts from the mid-2000s).

We were going to have a big pancake breakfast, and I realized I'd signed up on dot org to bring the authentic maple syrup, which I'd then failed to bring. So I left the house to go to some hip, local natural-foods store/co-op and found a rather large (let's say 3 liter) bottle of maple syrup. I spent time pestering the clerk at checkout for contact information for someone with the local parks and rec department, because I'm such a fuckup I'd ALSO told everyone on dot org that I would reserve the park for our cookout later that day, AND I HADN'T DONE IT. I was setting everyone up for disappointment by failing to follow through on my promises. To make matters worse, it was a Saturday or Sunday, so getting in touch with anyone with municipal government seemed unlikely, and it apparently wasn't possible to reserve the park online.

When I got back to Dave's, everyone had pretty much finished eating breakfast. My best friend Joe was sitting at the table kind of sad with a mostly eaten stack of pancakes slathered with some bullshit corn-syrup-based "pancake syrup."

:oops: :oops: :oops: :arrow:
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.
-Adam Phillips

sherpa141

Re: Sleepover!

Postby sherpa141 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:11 am

Dave was going to release another record, and he was telling us about a debate he and Bob had had about calling it "new material" or not, because it was going to have previously released songs (from Bazan Monthly) on it, but Dave had heard the results of an NFL study about how labeling something "new" ensures better sales.
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.

-Adam Phillips

numan_the_son

Re: Sleepover!

Postby numan_the_son » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:22 am

So yeah. We should definitely plan a dot org meetup. Everyone is old as fuck now so we have lots to drink about.

Return to “Craft Beer Talk”