36%
No.
50%
I don't care one way or another.
14%

Total votes: 22

punkrockisdead

Postby punkrockisdead » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:58 am

AMEason52 wrote:i think it is retarded that Dave steps away from the mic during backwoods nation at the c-stone thing... i mean shit, if people are offended by the word fuck, what doesnt offend them?

this puzzles me. i'm sure there are lots of things that don't offend people who are offended by that word. such as babies, the number 8, or baseball games.

andtheGS

Postby andtheGS » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:15 pm

on Control,Dave says a few things that are more offensive than the word fuck, but for some reason people are obsessed with single words. i'm personaly not offended by it, but i know some people who are and i can understand why he would pull away from the mic. if you think it's stupid of him then fuck you because he's just as brave to back away from the mic, regardless of what people like you will think, as he is to include it in the song.
dear Lord, please make me more like Christ and less like christians. amen

pedrovangelist

Postby pedrovangelist » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:57 pm

I think since cornerstone consists of a "christian" audience it was a respectful thing that he pulled away from the mic.
bret alan yniguez de sunnyvale

AfroBear

Postby AfroBear » Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:01 pm

i agree with you evangelist, i dont think cornerstone would let him back, because so many people would complain... sometimes you have to respect other peoples opinion instead of expecting them to respect yours

pedrovangelist

Postby pedrovangelist » Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:16 pm

[quote="AMEason52"]i think it is retarded that Dave steps away from the mic during backwoods nation at the c-stone thing... i mean shit, if people are offended by the word fuck, what doesnt offend them?[/quote]

i think that is a broad question man.I know plenty of people that are offended by that word, especially if it is used at a christian gathering. There are plenty of other words to use, of course with an extensive vocabulary. You sound ignorant to what cornerstone is all about. I respect people that hold their tongue from using vulgar language, but in david's case i think it is a way of expressing himself, a way of art if you may. This might be a carbon copy of my last post, but i think that it is permissable.
bret alan yniguez de sunnyvale

Gipper

Postby Gipper » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:12 pm

I don't have a problem with Dave using the word fuck, per se. If that's the word that best fits tone, message, or whatever he's trying to get across in a song, I think it's fine. But, I DO have a problem with Dave saying fuck simply for shock value.

JiLMuS

Postby JiLMuS » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:57 am

i can't belive that this started out as a post that made fun of posts about bazan's swearing, and then turned into that it self

kinda makes you think

well, not really
....i am falling on my sword....

afrolightning

Postby afrolightning » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:22 pm

good heavens...! what have i done? it's out of control....! soon it will take over the entire internet!

afrolightning

Postby afrolightning » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:23 pm

but, we have discovered that most people are opposed to funk infused into bazan's music.. though it's pretty close.

ulysses

Postby ulysses » Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:17 pm

His music is already sweet, and I think that is it cool that he can find other words to use as opposed to swearing. There are lots of artists now days that run out of words so they throw in a couple of fucks to top off the song.

Fondly,
The Grizzly P.

ulysses

Postby ulysses » Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:01 pm

If an artist puts words in his song, he should not have to change them for the listener. But at the same time he should notify the listener at his concerts that he is going to use some words that they may not like. I feel that if the artist does this then the listener will be not so offended.

Fondly,
The Grizzly P.

Return to “David Bazan & PTL”