Stations EP

David Bazan, Headphones, and PTL Discussion

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:12 am

She was probably French. Am I right? I heard the French hate our freedom.

letseatpaste

Postby letseatpaste » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:20 am

The Numinous wrote:My last girlfriend hated it. She actually hated the entire mix CD I made her, but hated Pedro the most because it's "incredibly depressing". I guess I shouldn't have let her listen to Options. Or all of Control. :?

You put Options on a mix cd for your girlfriend? Odd that she didn't like it.
Knowledge is power... for real!

letseatpaste

Postby letseatpaste » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:23 am

sherpa141 wrote:She was probably French. Am I right? I heard the French hate our freedom.

As it turns out, it was all a misunderstanding... they hate immigrants' freedom, not the USA's.

Travis

Postby Travis » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:54 am

letseatpaste wrote:You put Options on a mix cd for your girlfriend? Odd that she didn't like it.

It's a test to see if they're awesome or not. If a girl can handle Options, she's a keeper. :P

She wasn't french, but she definitely hated freedom. She was probably a closet democrat! God bless america.

bulletproofpunch

Postby bulletproofpunch » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:00 am

if people can't listen to Pedro, then the terrorists win...

SkeletonRock

Postby SkeletonRock » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:25 pm

bulletproofpunch wrote:if people can't listen to Pedro, then the terrorists win...

So then the terrorists won?

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:08 pm

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The terrorists claimed another victory today after Sarah Ostergren, 25, failed to take a liking to Pedro the Lion. A track from 'Control' was included on a mix CD made by her boyfriend, Zach Anderson, 24. When Ostergren -- a customer service representative at Walgreens -- heard the song, she recoiled in confusion, ejecting the CD from her car stereo with an almost preternatural reaction. Somewhere a terrorist grinned.

SkeletonRock

Postby SkeletonRock » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:51 am

Damn, that's horrible. Look at this article I found:

Houston, TX - The Homeland Security Advisory System has been raised from "Yellow" to "Orange" today following a series of attacks in southern Texas. Baptist youth pastor Scott "Scooter" Carpenter was driving a van of youth group members from a True Love Waits conference when the attacks occured. First hand accounts state that the group had been listening to a Shane & Shane CD on repeat since the trip began. Nauseous and near insanity, Carpenter removed the compact disk from the player and inserted an album by alternative rockers, Pedro's Lion. It is still unclear whether this was intential or if Carpenter meant to play a CD from secular-but-still-down-with-the-JC musicians, Creed. As the Pedro's Lion CD played, lyrics containing the words "cum", "penetration", and "divorce" filled the van's interior. Many of the christian youth began to scream for Carpenter to stop, but he appeared to be in a drug-induced trance, air drumming with one hand, while screaming
Oh my sweet Rapture
I hear Jesus and the angels
Singing halleluiah
Calling me to enter the promise land

It is still unclear at this time what this means, but many believe it to be an Al-Qaeda death chant. While no white people died, many of the youth suffered major injuries including bleeding eyes, exploded organs, and questions about their faith. Carpenter has been taken into custody for questioning. When asked about the incident, Pastor Phil Hinkle responded, "I never felt too good about that Scooter. One winter he grew a beard, and he was always wearing those "vintage" T-shirts. I don't get it! Why can't you just buy some new shirts?!"

One survivor of the incident who was indentified only as "that weird kid who sits in the back of the van and reads books" was quoted as saying, "I don't see what the big deal is. I kind of liked it". The "weird kid" was then taken to the church parking lot and stoned.

letseatpaste

Postby letseatpaste » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:10 am

:)

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:14 pm

There you have it. The media are finally noticing.

Return to “David Bazan & PTL”