a few pedro questiones

David Bazan, Headphones, and PTL Discussion

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

Mike McCusker

Postby Mike McCusker » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:00 am

I can't be arsed answering each paragraph but...

The good brother is actually the bad brother. The bad brother is consumed with guilt and self loathing for briniging his family into disrepute by drinking too much etc. Meanwhile the 'good' brother is being unfaithful to his wife (
I took as this infidelidy as the bitter pill yet undiscovered), using bribery and corruption to gain power (i.e. get behind a desk and make some big decisions), his wife finds out and wants to tell (a mind of her own), so he kills her, get caught and either kills himself or is executed.

Mattmon
Site Admin

Postby Mattmon » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:06 am

I'm curious to see the soldier of allah's interpretation of the album.
Reason cannot help you if you don't shut up!

LeviCorporate

Postby LeviCorporate » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:07 am

Mike McCusker wrote:I can't be arsed answering each paragraph but...

The good brother is actually the bad brother. The bad brother is consumed with guilt and self loathing for briniging his family into disrepute by drinking too much etc. Meanwhile the 'good' brother is being unfaithful to his wife (
I took as this infidelidy as the bitter pill yet undiscovered), using bribery and corruption to gain power (i.e. get behind a desk and make some big decisions), his wife finds out and wants to tell (a mind of her own), so he kills her, get caught and either kills himself or is executed.

call me crazy but im pretty sure that Rapture is on the Control LP and the rest of the cd your talking about is Winners Never Quit, i dont think that there are any examples of the "good" brother cheating on his wife... sorry for nitpicking.. wow i need a life...

azza

Postby azza » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:47 pm

Mattmon wrote:I'm curious to see the soldier of allah's interpretation of the album.

ROFL :lol:
if it isnt penetration then it isnt worth a kiss

Mike McCusker

Postby Mike McCusker » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:57 am

LeviCorporate wrote:call me crazy but im pretty sure that Rapture is on the Control LP and the rest of the cd your talking about is Winners Never Quit, i dont think that there are any examples of the "good" brother cheating on his wife... sorry for nitpicking.. wow i need a life...

I was writing about "Its Hard to Control A Winner's Whole Heel Because I'm Validated By My Tour EP" mega mix silly.

LeviCorporate

Postby LeviCorporate » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:43 pm

Mike McCusker wrote:
LeviCorporate wrote:call me crazy but im pretty sure that Rapture is on the Control LP and the rest of the cd your talking about is Winners Never Quit, i dont think that there are any examples of the "good" brother cheating on his wife... sorry for nitpicking.. wow i need a life...

I was writing about "Its Hard to Control A Winner's Whole Heel Because I'm Validated By My Tour EP" mega mix silly.

ahahah man that is my favorite one....

azza

Postby azza » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:30 am

Mike McCusker wrote:

witty. nice.
if it isnt penetration then it isnt worth a kiss

TheAmateurMarriage

Postby TheAmateurMarriage » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:04 pm

Winners never quit, here's my take in a nutshell.

It's an album written around irony. Much of what modern Christianity is based on is how we appear morally and not how we actually ARE. I am reminded of the Pharisees and Jesus calling them "white-washed tombs." It's the same concept in Winners. On the album, the brother who was the one everyone thought was the "good" son (i.e. "moral," successful, went to church, etc.) turned out to be a "white-washed tomb." And the "bad" brother who was in jail was actually the one with the repentant heart. Looks are most often deceiving.

Return to “David Bazan & PTL”