Pedro the Lion news

David Bazan, Headphones, and PTL Discussion

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

sherpa141

Pedro the Lion news

Postby sherpa141 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Everyone get that facebook notification asking you to like the PTL page on facebook because there's going to be news about PTL soon?

What's everybody think? A new PTL album made by DB and TW? A greatest hits kind of thing? A PTL reunion tour?
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.
-Adam Phillips

steelopus

Re: Pedro the Lion news

Postby steelopus » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:42 pm

IHTFAF 20th anniversary is next year. That would be my guess.

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:10 pm

Tour?
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.

-Adam Phillips

ragamuffin

Postby ragamuffin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:06 pm

The asked people for their favorite Pedro songs earlier today, so my guess is it's a full band tour of Pedro songs...or a greatest hits thing but I'm not sure that's something Dave would do, tour seems more likely.
"I was born with a preacher's mouth and a rock and roll heart."

(this is) john.

Postby (this is) john. » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:23 pm

Maybe a "greatest hits" but the songs are all re-recorded in new ways by current Bazan?

undertowmusic

Postby undertowmusic » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:13 pm

greatest hits album? :D

"Your revolution is over. Condolences. The bums lost."

Mattmon
Site Admin

Postby Mattmon » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:50 pm

Well done Bob! I'd assume 20yr Anniversary as well.
Reason cannot help you if you don't shut up!

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:40 pm

My impression is that Bob was teasing us a bit about a "greatest hits album," a joke highlighting that PTL didn't have any.

undertowmusic wrote:greatest hits album? :D

-Adam Phillips

(this is) john.

Postby (this is) john. » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:51 pm

"Most Depressing Songs that were released by Pedro The Lion"

undertowmusic

Postby undertowmusic » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:47 am

there is no greatest hits album being planned. we will have some proper Pedro The Lion news the first week of October.

in other news... Jade Tree sold their entire label catalog to Epitaph. which is a bummer. not because Epitaph purchased the catalog. The folks at Epitaph have been nice to deal with so far. It's a bummer because Jade Tree never told us they were selling it until after it was done. They never gave us a chance to buy PTL catalog back even though they knew we wanted to (we asked before). the good news, Epitaph is getting the vinyl back in print (same remasters we used for the 2012 re-issues). looks like sometime in mid 2018.
"Your revolution is over. Condolences. The bums lost."

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Wow, interesting. Thanks for filling us in on the Epitaph thing. Glad they've been good to deal with, but bummer that Jade Tree didn't give you the opportunity to Control the catalogue yourselves.

Looking forward to the PTL news at the beginning of October.

undertowmusic wrote:there is no greatest hits album being planned. we will have some proper Pedro The Lion news the first week of October.

in other news... Jade Tree sold their entire label catalog to Epitaph. which is a bummer. not because Epitaph purchased the catalog. The folks at Epitaph have been nice to deal with so far. It's a bummer because Jade Tree never told us they were selling it until after it was done. They never gave us a chance to buy PTL catalog back even though they knew we wanted to (we asked before). the good news, Epitaph is getting the vinyl back in print (same remasters we used for the 2012 re-issues). looks like sometime in mid 2018.

-Adam Phillips

ragamuffin

Postby ragamuffin » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:20 pm

So I'll soon be able to combine two of my biggest high school/college loves: Pedro the Lion and West Coast Punk Rock...dreams do come true!

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:47 pm

Yeah, I had that thought, too. I was all about ordering stuff via mail from Fat Wreck Chords when I was in high school, and was all about all those NOFX releases on Epitaph.

ragamuffin wrote:So I'll soon be able to combine two of my biggest high school/college loves: Pedro the Lion and West Coast Punk Rock...dreams do come true!

-Adam Phillips

ragamuffin

Postby ragamuffin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:53 pm

[quote="sherpa141"]Yeah, I had that thought, too. I was all about ordering stuff via mail from Fat Wreck Chords when I was in high school, and was all about all those NOFX releases on Epitaph.

Me too! High school was pre-internet for me so those Punk-O-Rama and Fat comps were how I found out about new bands, along with bugging the older kids that worked at local record stores. I'm a school teacher now and when I try to explain label loyalty to my students, they have no idea (no pun intended) what I'm talking about. I'd buy a cd without hearing it if it was on Fat or Epitaph or Lookout back in the day.

Umm, but back to Pedro...I won't rule out rebuying all the Pedro albums just to have the Epitaph logo on the back. :shock:

(this is) john.

Postby (this is) john. » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:22 am

Hopefully they release the remastered versions on CD or cassette since I already have them on vinyl.

Also, does anyone know if the version of "Fewer Moving Parts" on Bandcamp is the remastered version? I want it in FLAC/WAV and I'm pretty sure the download code that came with the record was only MP3s.

Return to “David Bazan & PTL”