Bazan / Care

David Bazan, Headphones, and PTL Discussion

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

faz

Re: Bazan / Care

Postby faz » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:14 pm

Looking forward to Tuesday (payday!) so I can order it!

ragamuffin

Postby ragamuffin » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:51 am

https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/d ... o-y-blanco

The Ballad of Pedro y Blanco... damn, this is so fucking great. I teared up at my desk at work just now. Really beautiful. (I also realize now that I'm late to the game...)
"I was born with a preacher's mouth and a rock and roll heart."

paulhewson

Postby paulhewson » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:37 pm

Mattmon wrote:Fuck. That song wrecked me. It just felt so honest. I'd love to hear the backstory

any interviews out on this song yet?

sean.david.smith

Postby sean.david.smith » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:59 pm

listened to this album for the second time tonight - my first listen after it was released left me cold ... im not sure if it was due to care being released "too soon" after blanco - if it was because i had grown so attached to the demos [i still prefer the demo for 'permanent record' but im perfectly okay with the album version] - maybe its because i didnt hear many of these songs live [only 'care' and 'the ballad of pedro y blanco'] or maybe i just didnt find much in the lyrics to identify with but after a very long sabbatical and hearing it again this evening im really in love with it

i especially am smitten by 'make music' and 'keep trying' - might be a long shot but im really hoping to hear some of these songs live on the upcoming tour - i think that would help me fall in love with them even more

letmookiedance

Postby letmookiedance » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:25 am

Having seen them live a couple of times once as Bazan Band (last couple of shows before the official Pedro announcement) and once as Pedro, the songs are so good in the live arrangements. I asked if they would release some of those arrangements in a recording and Dave said that they had recorded some while on tour, but I haven't seen any update regarding that, and it probably would be a marketing mistake to re-release old Bazan stuff as Pedro so soon. I hope it sees the light of day eventually though.

sean.david.smith wrote:listened to this album for the second time tonight - my first listen after it was released left me cold ... im not sure if it was due to care being released "too soon" after blanco - if it was because i had grown so attached to the demos [i still prefer the demo for 'permanent record' but im perfectly okay with the album version] - maybe its because i didnt hear many of these songs live [only 'care' and 'the ballad of pedro y blanco'] or maybe i just didnt find much in the lyrics to identify with but after a very long sabbatical and hearing it again this evening im really in love with it

i especially am smitten by 'make music' and 'keep trying' - might be a long shot but im really hoping to hear some of these songs live on the upcoming tour - i think that would help me fall in love with them even more

sean.david.smith

Postby sean.david.smith » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:47 am

letmookiedance wrote:Having seen them live a couple of times once as Bazan Band (last couple of shows before the official Pedro announcement) and once as Pedro, the songs are so good in the live arrangements. I asked if they would release some of those arrangements in a recording and Dave said that they had recorded some while on tour, but I haven't seen any update regarding that, and it probably would be a marketing mistake to re-release old Bazan stuff as Pedro so soon. I hope it sees the light of day eventually though.

that would be amazing! a live album heavy on blanco and care would be a dream come true

id love it if he released a few official bootlegs every now and then

sean.david.smith

Postby sean.david.smith » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:47 am

letmookiedance wrote:Having seen them live a couple of times once as Bazan Band (last couple of shows before the official Pedro announcement) and once as Pedro, the songs are so good in the live arrangements. I asked if they would release some of those arrangements in a recording and Dave said that they had recorded some while on tour, but I haven't seen any update regarding that, and it probably would be a marketing mistake to re-release old Bazan stuff as Pedro so soon. I hope it sees the light of day eventually though.

that would be amazing! a live album heavy on blanco and care would be a dream come true

id love it if he released a few official bootlegs every now and then

ansible

Postby ansible » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:09 am

Tour EP '19!

Return to “David Bazan & PTL”