New Podcast Interview - David Bazan on Ink & Echo

David Bazan, Headphones, and PTL Discussion

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

doctorgaines

New Podcast Interview - David Bazan on Ink & Echo

Postby doctorgaines » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:47 am

Bazan was kind enough to come on the podcast I run last week, however, about 24 hrs after the show posted, David asked that we remove it because he felt what he had said was too negative, so we took it down. The good news is, he was gracious enough to come on again for a new, entirely different conversation, which posted just yesterday and can be found here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ink-echo/id1137386151?mt=2 or at http://www.inkandecho.com

We've found him to be a really kind and accommodating guy, and it was a pleasure to talk with him more than once, even though the world won't get to hear that first conversation (at least for now). The negativity he was referring to was a bit of a rant about the music industry always making sure they get paid instead of the artist, various gatekeepers he has run into that have prevented his career from growing or moving forward, and the fact that he is in a period of financial strain and frustration, even after having worked so hard as a musician for 20+ years yet he is still struggling to make ends meet. Overall what he said was very vulnerable and frankly pretty great because he was being so brutally honest, but in the end he felt like it was a bit too much complaining.

Hope you all find this conversation fruitful and/or interesting. Thanks!

ansible

Re: New Podcast Interview - David Bazan on Ink & Echo

Postby ansible » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:10 am

Hey, thanks man. Looking forward to checking this out.
when I was a boy
everything was right

paulhewson

Postby paulhewson » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:07 pm

I want to hear the deleted one!!

doctorgaines

Postby doctorgaines » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:53 am

paulhewson wrote:I want to hear the deleted one!!

Ha, I hear ya... It's a terrible tease to those who didn't get to hear it! We are hoping that down the road a bit, we'll have his blessing to put it back up. If so I'll be sure to post it here.

paulhewson

Postby paulhewson » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:37 pm

Special release to dot org people?

Return to “David Bazan & PTL”