Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

Mattmon
Site Admin

Re: Blanco is great! (and hello)

Postby Mattmon » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:15 pm

I too have less hair.

Nice artwork.

Never take this place too seriously.
Reason cannot help you if you don't shut up!

zach2000

Postby zach2000 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:27 pm

steelopus wrote:
zach2000 wrote:...this was the only internet forum i was ever actively involved in. i don't really know what happened here. i mean, david bazan is doing better than ever. why is this forum not bursting at the seams? it's an interesting question...

"Social media" has replaced forums for most people. I don't think it's that Dave has fewer people interested in communicating as much as it's that people have found much easier, albeit less lengthy/thoughtful, means to share their interests.

you are obviously right, though it's a bit of a bummer because social media is kind of the wal-martization of a community like this one once was, which isn't to say i don't use social media, because i do, but it's like... anything too thoughtful or serious on there just doesn't work. on social media, the currency is likes, and this fact changes the whole discussion.

and again i say, this forum used to be AWESOME. i know for sure there aren't fewer people interesting in David Bazan; in fact, for sure there are MORE. but we used to discuss everything on here, from like news reports to personal matters. it was really something. (/end of nostalgia).

zach2000

Postby zach2000 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:28 pm

Mattmon wrote:I too have less hair.

Nice artwork.

Never take this place too seriously.

thanks.

and i probably take everything too seriously.

i am working on it. seriously. 8)

Alex iN Tek

Postby Alex iN Tek » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:55 am

Totally dig the artwork posted in this thread, I'm enjoying Blanco a lot, very deep thoughts shown there.

Also I did a little semblance of Blanco btw, the thing is that it is in spanish, but to those of you interested in the reading, hope that google translator would help.

http://soundandvisionmex.com/resena/blanco-david-bazan/
Afraid of the house, stay the night with the sinners

zach2000

Postby zach2000 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:44 pm

thanks Alex.

it's cool you are out there promoting Bazan's work among the Spanish speaking world. i'm sure he would be pleased with that.

Return to “David Bazan & PTL”