Couple of good interviews

David Bazan, Headphones, and PTL Discussion

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

paulhewson

Re: Couple of good interviews

Postby paulhewson » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:20 pm

I realized after reading these interviews that when you get to a certain age you realize the artists you liked don’t actually sound that interesting anymore. Or maybe they are in arrested development? It’s like being around yourself 10-15 years ago in university and listening to yourself speak. God, those thoughts sound so earnest now. More exeperience will sort that out. Do you always end up looking back on your younger self as naive? Do artists not mature at the same rate as the working class?

Jackson

Postby Jackson » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:34 pm

paulhewson wrote:I realized after reading these interviews that when you get to a certain age you realize the artists you liked don’t actually sound that interesting anymore. Or maybe they are in arrested development? It’s like being around yourself 10-15 years ago in university and listening to yourself speak. God, those thoughts sound so earnest now. More exeperience will sort that out. Do you always end up looking back on your younger self as naive? Do artists not mature at the same rate as the working class?

if you think daves not growing and maturing as a person (and songwriter) you're not paying attention. maybe I misunderstood you though

Jackson

Postby Jackson » Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:35 pm

also daves working class

steelopus

Postby steelopus » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:51 am

From the goldflakepaint interview... (emphasis mine)

“An interesting thing to me about Care is that as successful as it was for me personally, and what a good thing it was, it still didn’t deal with any of the bigger problems I was trying to solve,” he rattles on. “I did my dead-level best and made a record I care about, but right away I had to worry about what the fuck I was doing, because it just felt like everything was shrinking; all my possibilities were shrinking. I felt like I was getting caught off-guard with everything, all the time. All I wanted was to get ahead of it a little bit. I feel like I’ve just started to figure that out. Sometimes it takes years – or decades, apparently.”

Weed, man?

Return to “David Bazan & PTL”