manchester orchestra + julien baker cover pedro

David Bazan, Headphones, and PTL Discussion

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

sean.david.smith

manchester orchestra + julien baker cover pedro

Postby sean.david.smith » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:56 am

Manchester Orchestra and Julien Baker cover Pedro The Lion’s “Bad Things To Such Good People” Recorded in Manchester Orchestra’s studio outside Atlanta, GA -- and produced by Andy Hull, bandmate/co-writer Robert McDowell, and Julien Baker -- Hull details the cover’s origin: “This song has held a deep weight with me since I was 16, and my awe of Bazan’s songwriting has never died down. It does what so few others can accomplish by painting a detailed and powerful world with minimal words, and allowing the listener to do the rest of the work. And working with Julien was an incredible experience...After meeting digitally and discussing how we could collaborate, we knew we had to do a Pedro song, and it suddenly clicked when she suggested this one. We met in person for the first time about 30 minutes before we started sketching out our re-creation. It didn’t take me but about five minutes to realize just how deeply talented and layered Julien is. I’ve called her ‘the truth’ ever since our first sessions and look forward to working with her as much as we can in the future.”

Net proceeds from sales and streaming will be donated to1 Million 4 Anna, a Foundation dedicated to Anna Basso with the mission to eradicate Ewing sarcoma. The Foundation’s main initiative is to fund promising Ewing sarcoma research, and also provides college scholarships for survivors as well as support to families with a family member receiving treatment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1upJ1ZkoTmA

(this is) john.

Re: manchester orchestra + julien baker cover pedro

Postby (this is) john. » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:32 pm

Pretty good. He's covered other Pedro songs before.

corey

Postby corey » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:06 am

Love both of these artists.

The cover is great and the remake of the album art is super cool.

ansible

Postby ansible » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:44 am

corey wrote:Love both of these artists.

+1. Fucking love that cover art. And what a good cover...

Forever I have always loved this closer mix of Options -> No Children -> The Party's Over, it breaks me down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTUFqSImFC4

(this is) john.

Postby (this is) john. » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:02 am

ansible wrote:
corey wrote:Love both of these artists.

+1. Fucking love that cover art. And what a good cover...

Forever I have always loved this closer mix of Options -> No Children -> The Party's Over, it breaks me down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTUFqSImFC4

Lol I just realized I'm the first comment on that video and I said almost the same thing about both songs.

ansible

Postby ansible » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:25 am

sean.david.smith wrote:Manchester Orchestra and Julien Baker cover Pedro The Lion’s “Bad Things To Such Good People” Recorded in Manchester Orchestra’s studio outside Atlanta, GA -- and produced by Andy Hull, bandmate/co-writer Robert McDowell, and Julien Baker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1upJ1ZkoTmA

Man, nice find, thanks. Really good cover. My wife is obsessed with it.

Would happily buy if given the opportunity. I got sick of YouTube though, so if anyone else also prefers to hit "repeat" just the one time, PM me.

sean.david.smith

Postby sean.david.smith » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:13 pm

ansible wrote:Man, nice find, thanks. Really good cover. My wife is obsessed with it.

Would happily buy if given the opportunity. I got sick of YouTube though, so if anyone else also prefers to hit "repeat" just the one time, PM me.

sure thing

might have misunderstood that last part - but there are links under the youtube description for itunes/amazon/apple - i bought the song off of amazon

ansible

Postby ansible » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:17 pm

sean.david.smith wrote:
ansible wrote:Man, nice find, thanks. Really good cover. My wife is obsessed with it.

sure thing

might have misunderstood that last part - but there are links under the youtube description for itunes/amazon/apple - i bought the song off of amazon

Oh, nope, spot on, thanks! Did not see those links. This is actually kind of funny because somehow I totally separated the song from the reason it was recorded.

This is totally worth the purchase, so if you PM me now you'll just get a link back. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079T51H74/

paulhewson

Postby paulhewson » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:13 am

Incredible cover. Thanks for posting

Return to “David Bazan & PTL”