Pedro the Lion news

David Bazan, Headphones, and PTL Discussion

Moderators: jacob, Mattmon

ansible

Re: Pedro the Lion news

Postby ansible » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:10 am

Now that you know what Pedro can/should be for you (band/solo act binary oversimplification aside), can you ever see yourself dropping the name in the future for any reason? Would you put any kind of side projects out like you were planning with Headphones after Achilles' Heel? If money/branding were not an issue at all, would you keep the Pedro name or ditch it, now or in the future? Assuming all else being equal.

I guess, do you LIKE that you're back making music as Pedro the Lion? Or would you have chosen something different, if you could? You said earlier that "I much prefer working under a band name", but does the Pedro moniker hold any real meaning for you still? I'm trying to separate the artistic process from the connotation, if it even works that way.

I need coffee.
when I was a boy
everything was right

sherpa141

Postby sherpa141 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:41 pm

Is there an implication that all other non-PTL projects are done, e.g. OVERSEAS and Lo Tom?
Criminals are the people we punish for being a nuisance; artists are the people we reward for being a nuisance; successful businessmen are criminals disguised as artists.
-Adam Phillips

(this is) john.

Postby (this is) john. » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:48 pm

sherpa141 wrote:Is there an implication that all other non-PTL projects are done, e.g. OVERSEAS and Lo Tom?
I was wondering the same thing about Bazan + Passenger String Quartet Vol 2

ansible

Postby ansible » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:12 am

Aside from the great performances, this KEXP interview is really interesting, I caught it from Dave's twitter. He makes a few comments about Pedro (disliking the name), and although some comments seem prescient, it also doesn't seem like reforming Pedro was even an idea at the time. Given, this was between Blanco and Care, and I've seen these individual videos before, but it still is a really great interview which is missed in the song-only videos:

http://illinoistimes.com/article-19239-indie-rock-hero-at-radon-lounge.html

(Both Hands/Oblivion/Kept Secrets/Trouble With Boys - full synth setup, no guitar)

username

Postby username » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:30 pm

If anyone ends up with an extra ticket to Night 1 in Portland, please let me know. I didn’t know they were on sale until after they sold out. -Roy

ragamuffin

Postby ragamuffin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:14 pm

"I was born with a preacher's mouth and a rock and roll heart."

Return to “David Bazan & PTL”